Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Frosting Cupcakes

When I first started making cupcakes which was many years ago, I would just use the small spatula that I had to frost them or the back of a spoon. 



But now since I have researched and want my cupcakes to look pleasing to the eye, I went out and purchased a piping set and I love it.  Its fairly easy to do, I watched a video on line and in no time I was piping my cupcakes.

 




All cupcakes that I make do not have frosting piped on the top, I do a creamy frosting which cant be piped so you have to glaze that on, and it looks really nice.




You can also use a small ice cream scoop to give your cupcakes a
fun effect, my kids like how these look.



All my frosting is homemade and I am amazed at how many different types of frosting you can make, a lot of my frosting recipes are something I just put together to see if it would taste good with that cupcake. To my amazement 98% of the frosting that I made they paired nice together.



Frosting that I make:

Cream Cheese
Butter Cream
Maple Syrup Cream Cheese (goes great w/my french toast cupcake)
Orange Cream Cheese (which takes like orange sherbert)
Granola Butter Cream Cheese
Peach Cream Cheese
and the list keeps going and going

I  use only fresh, natural ingredients when I am adding to my frosting.  No food color, things like that, you can make white turn red by adding fruit to your frosting, it is time consuming but it's worth it, because the frosting has a fresh taste, and its HEALTHY.



3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I saw your post on FAMILIES and wanted to say hi. Your cupcakes look delicious!

    I'm a fellow homeschooler and I also have a blog if you'd like to visit: http://www.alivinghomeschool.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I joined your site very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where are the frosting recipes??? I love baking, but still have a dreaded fear of most frostings, so I'm sad to have to admit that I don't venture very far from my comfort zone. Any tried and proven frostings would be lovely!
    Such a cute blog design--love it!
    Ang
    PS Following you back!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...