Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What does healthy mean?

People might ask what does healthy mean? Can cupcakes and cookies be healthy?

Yes, they can be.  If you substitute certain ingredients you can make anything healthy for you and your family.

All Purpose flour - 100% whole wheat flour
Granulated sugar - Light brown sugar
Store bought buttermilk - Homemade buttermilk
Eggs - Egg whites / or Egg replacer
Vegetable Oil - Canola Oil / Unsweetened apple sauce
Butter - Unsalted butter

There are many other ingredients that can be substituted, but I just wanted to give you a small portion, so you know that you can make  cupcakes and cookies healthy.

Use natural/fresh ingredients - fresh fruit juice, and fresh fruit zest.  There is nothing like the freshness of ingredients that will make your treats taste HEAVENLY.

I am in the process of making a cookbook for Pamela's Heavenly Treats, so my kiddies will be able to have a piece of what I love to do, I will add to it as I come up with new recipes for treats. So by the time I give it to them it will be a nice size cookbook.

My kiddies like flavor, so the cupcakes and cookies that I make have a lot of flavor and don't taste healthy, I have people tell me if you didn't tell me that this cookie was healthy I wouldn't have known, because of the taste.  So don't think that healthy is not good, it is very good, especially for your health.

That's why I am exercising and eating right, so that I can stand behind, Pamela's Heavenly Treats motto:

Why eat a unhealthy CAKE to gain weight when you can eat a healthy CUPCAKE and still lose weight.

Remember tomorrow will be a tutorial and pictures of mini cupcakes and cookies, stay tuned.

Have a blessed Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I experiment with using new ingredients - brown rice sugar, honey, maple syrup. all varieties of flours - my kids enjoy taste tasting the "healthy" options. cannot wait to see what you have!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...