Monday, February 20, 2012

Cookies, Cookies and More Cookies




*Before I start my post, I want to let you know that I am doing a guest post about Healthy Eating Cost vs Not over at Random Tips On Healthy Eating today, please go over and visit this wonderful site, you will get alot of information, Kim has so many exciting posts on there.*


This week we will be overwhlelmed with cookies, you can never get enough of a good healthy cookie.  They are easy to make, majority all the ingredients that you need are already in your pantry.  So come with me this week for Cookies, Cookies and More Cookies. 

Today we will be talking about the Chocolate Chip Cookie, you might say oh no another recipe for a dull chocolate chip cookie, but this is the BEST healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have done.  You never can have to many chocolate chip recipes, but when you get that one that just pops, you know you have a winner.  Eventhough this cookie recipe is simple and not that exciting, once you smell those cookies in the oven and then taste the  chocolate that has melted inside the cookie you will thank me!  So let's get to the first cookie of the week. 

*The all american chocolate chip cookie, that I made a HEALTHY treat*


Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
Set oven to 350
  1. In a large mixing bowl beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer until well combined. 
  2. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (your dough will be stiff).
  3. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks.
  4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment papered baking sheets.
  5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
  6. Remove from oven and cool slightly then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen

*Come back tomorrow for Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles*

5 comments:

  1. Hi - I am your newest follower from TheStuffofSuccess. Feel free to stop by and say hello. Have a great week and these cookies look fantastic. Athena

    ReplyDelete
  2. New blog reader - love what you're trying with the healthier ingredients. I have SO many recipes that need tweaking, converting and changing. So many of my recipes are pre my Weight Watchers and caring about the ingredients I use, and I want to really change.

    Questions on these chocolate chip cookies - are they soft? Do they stay soft for a couple days?

    And... are you planning on posting the whole wheat snickerdoodles? We *heart* snickerdoodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they are chewy and good..They will stay soft for a couple days you have to put them in an airtight container.

    I will be posting the snickerdoodles tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome - thank you! Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. My mouth is now watering! Yumm!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...