Monday, February 6, 2012

What is a Cookie?



Hmm that is a good question, to me a cookie is usually round, and tastes good with every bite, and I love to prepare them, and then get the end result of a tasty healthy cookie.

My healthy cookies that I make are yummy (I might be biased) but my critics (my family) say it every week when I make a new cookie, they will let me know, oh I don't like that, or this cookie is delicious, awesome taste mom, oh I can taste the lemon, this is so good and the comments go on and on.  Some good, some bad comments, I accept the criticism.  If they don't like my healthy cookies, then people on the outside will not like them.

 Ingredient of the week

I cant tell you all my secrets or I wont have a business, but here is one ingredient that I cant live without.

To make your cookies chewy and moist, add 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce to your batter, you will notice the difference in your cookies as they are baking and when they come out the oven, and then when you pop them in your mouth. Try it with your favorite cookie recipe.

I also started making bite size cookies per my hubbie request, and I have to say they are cute and you can eat them in one bite, so I will be making those for children's parties or ladies brunch, its nice not to have a big cookie, and just have a bite size, its different.  You just have to make your cookie mounds smaller, so the cookie batter wont spread out that much while its baking.

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookie
(these cookies are made with unsweetened applesauce and they really are CHEWY)



1 comment:

  1. Apple sauce is something I will add to banana bread too - instead of oil. Works great!
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...