Friday, February 24, 2012

Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles


*Please go with me to visit Cherished Bliss, I am doing a guest post over there this morning. *

OK we made it, the last day of the Cookies, Cookies and more Cookies.  Here is a cookie that I think everyone LOVES, I know my family does, so when I tweaked one of my recipes and tasted this cookie I couldn't believe how good these cookie were. I have to say it again, even though these are healthy cookies, you wont taste that, it's amazing how majority all my treats have that good, wholesome taste.  Not that oh, this is a healthy cookie taste. 


Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles

½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Measure whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt onto creamed mixture. Stir together just until mixed completely.
5. In a small bowl, combine white sugar and cinnamon.
6. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place in cinnamon sugar and cover dough completely.
7. Place snickerdoodles on parchment paper baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Cool on a rack.

Makes about 2 dozen

Have a blessed weekend, and come back next week for Cupcakes, Cupcakes and more Cupcakes!

2 comments:

  1. Those look good and healthy.... Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks…..have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yeah...those sound yummy. Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking up! Rock on! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...