Friday, March 16, 2012

Food Waste Friday


Join me over at The Frugal Girl for Food Waste Friday, where we are all accountable to each other for our weekly food waste.  For me this week I did GREAT, no food waste.  I did have an orange that I just zested and put in a baggie last week, but I cut it open and it was still fresh, so I squeezed the fresh juice out to make some Orange Blossom Cupcakes.  I love it when we can be resourceful on our almost food waste.

I also ordered my compost bin from the Bay Restoration here in my town, I thought I would support them by ordering a compost bin and rain barrel.  So I will be composting a little if I do have food waste which is great news for me.

How did you all do this week?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your save. I don't know about other places, but we can get free compost bins at our library. Libraries are great places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on no waste. We have a worm tower (with trays that you rotate to move the worms to fresh food). It works for our apartment, where a big compost bin isn't practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on no waste and getting a compost bin while supporting local.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...