Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Homemade Marshmallow Fondant







I did it, I made Homemade Marshmallow Fondant with my husbands help.  I thought it was so hard, but its not at all, just a few steps and you have fondant for your cupcakes.  You can freeze for up to 3 weeks, that's the part I like, so next week I will be using it to make Easter Cupcakes, we will see how it comes out.
Ingredients

16 oz marshmallows (I used the big ones, you can use mini ones)
1 cup of water
2 lbs of powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter flavor shortening (that comes in the little block)

Directions

Put your marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl add 3 tbsp of water and put in microwave for 1minute 30 seconds on high.  Sift your powdered sugar.  Add the butter flavor shortening to your mixer bowl, and add the powdered sugar.  Take your marshmallows out of microwave and stir until it becomes like marshmallow fluff, add it to your mixer.  If you have a mixer like mine Kitchenaid use your bread tool to mix. Start off on low and then pick it up to medium until it looks like bread dough.  Take out put on a powdered sugar clean surface and knead it like you knead bread for about 15 minutes (you can add a little water to the fondant if it starts breaking), shape into a ball you can use it now by rolling it out and get creative, (you can add food coloring for different colors also) or like I did put plastic wrap on it and freezing it until I need to use it next week, you can freeze up to 3 weeks.


~Make sure you enter my giveaways they end this week~
$25.00 Walmart Giftcard and Cupcake Crochet Scarf

You can find me linking up Here

18 comments:

  1. I've never made fondant before, but I've always wanted to give it a go. Great easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a simple and yummy recipe! Stopping by from voiceboks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool! My kids love marshmallow! I hope mine comes out right because I am so trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! Hi new follower from the hop! Hope to see you at my blog soon! http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...I just learned something new here today. I've never even heard of marshmallow fondant. Thanks for opening my eyes to something fun and tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - I wish I could try this right through my computer - sounds delicious! And you made it sound so easy to make.
    Leigh@oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Love this...looks yummy :-)
    I found you over on the blog hop and now I'm following you!
    Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back too.

    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,love this idea!New follower here!I like your blog,you've got some realy good ideas!Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a braver woman than I... making homemade fondant seems overwhelming... but it sounds good. I am so glad I found your blog through the hop..

    Come visit me sometime ....
    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds wonderful. This was a great idea. I am new to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for all the kind comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tutorial. I've made this before but missed some of your steps (butter flavored shortening) so it wasn't great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm just in awe, I never would have guessed. Fondant, looks easier than I imagined. Thanks so much for sharing! Found you at Say G'day Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids have been watching "Cake Boss" and have all been begging me to make fondant! I'm like, "Are you out of your friggin little kids' minds???" Ha! But this looks like I MAY actually be able to make it! Gosh, now I have no excuse, ha! Here's to bookmarking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower thru GFC. Found you on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and can't wait to try this recipe out. I have been wanting to learn how to do fondant and now I may just try it out;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh...Kids and I have been watching the Cake Boss, and I've been wondering how to make fondant, now I know :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I had no idea you could make home made fondant! And you're right, it doesn't look THAT difficult, even for someone like me! :-)
    Have a great Sunday!
    Ang
    (PS new follower and pinner!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...