Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ladybug Cupcakes


  I made these cupcakes last year for my baby girl's 1st birthday, they were a hit, and they were DELICIOUS.  They came out so cute if I might say so myself, I made some ladybugs, some with sprinkles, and some with just a peppermint patty on top.  If I make these again, I will put little antennas on the ladybug!


My ladybug cupcakes were featured on Cupcakes Take the Cake I was so excited to see MY cupcakes on this famous blog.  This blog features famous Cupcake Shops, Cupcake Wars Show Shops and Well Known Blogs.  I guess I am doing something right!


*Stay tuned for my Etsy shop that will be opening soon, where you can get my homemade sifted dry ingredient mixes for all my cupcake and cookie recipes*
_______________________________________________________________________


LADYBUG STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 cup buttermilk *I make my own
2 eggs * I use fresh brown eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vinegar
2 cups of fresh strawberries (pureed in the blender)

Mix all your wet ingredients together, then mix in your dry ingredients.  Fill your cups 1/2 full, and bake for 20 minutes, let cool on wire rack.

While you are waiting for your cupcakes to cool make your frosting-

Buttercream Frosting

1 package powdered sugar (16 oz package) 
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons  fat free milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup strawberry puree
Red food coloring
peppermint patties
black gel
white gel
     red gel
 Mix butter, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar together until nice and smooth, then add strawberry puree and fold in, add a few drops of red food coloring. Now you are ready to frost. 

-Frost your cupcakes with a spatula
-Add little black dots on the back of the cupcake
-For the face, put a peppermint patty in the front and put eyes, nose and mouth

There you have it LADYBUG STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES!


*This year we are having a CUPCAKE party theme, so I have to come up with some cute designs*

You can find me linked up Here

13 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely yummy..I should try this soon...Bookmarking this one..
    nice space vth awesome recipes n nice pics too happy 2 visit here....
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just adorable! You are very creative and they sound delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn cute. Makes me want to have a bug themed party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very cute! Thanks for joining the email subscription hop at Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life! Have a great week. I'm following you via email now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute love them come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are really good and complement what I've been doing with the kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet,thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super super cute!!! They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all for loving my ladybug cupcakes, I so appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so cute & lovely...I am sure they taste good too,Thanks for sharing with Decorating Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are amazing!!!!!

    thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday!
    Can't wait to see what you link up later today!

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are sooo cute! My kids would love them!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look absolutely delish!!! The kids will love them!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...