Friday, March 23, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Pastel Frosting


Do you need a basic Chocolate Cupcake recipe? If so here it is, this is all you have to do to get your chocolate cupcakes oozing with chocolate.
My Basic Cupcake Recipe
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa
1 cup of hershey chocolate chips
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 cup buttermilk *Homemade
2 eggs * I use fresh brown eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vinegar
Mix all your wet ingredients together, then mix in your dry ingredients. Fill your cups 1/2 full, bake for 20 minutes, let cool on wire rack.
Buttercream Pastel Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) softened
3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, SIFTED
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream

Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer on medium speed. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs to be more stiff, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.


Enjoy!

You can find me linking up Here

13 comments:

  1. I will definitely try these! I had to switch to 50/50 flour for my cookies because they weren't very impressive, but in cupcakes- perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn could you send me some cupcakes after you try them? They look absolutely delicious but am not much of a baker. :)

      Delete
  2. they look wonderful I love the pastel froasting too =b

    stopping by with vB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, baby! I love cooking with whole wheat flour. I need to get some more so that I can try these! Yours are so pretty. Thanks for sharing!
    Stopping by from vB. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe for Easter!! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great plate of spring yumminess! I really love the colors and the whole wheat factor. We are a whole wheat family as well, except for when it comes to sugar cookies, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look too good to eat! They probably are! I just made banana bread with some whole wheat flour. Tasted great.
    Leigh@ oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful colours...so pretty and spring like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou all for your wonderful comments, I so appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors that you use are fantastic. I know they taste good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had a whole wheat flour cupcake, but you add chocolate to anything and it's good, right!;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look yummy. Just found your blog its so fun.. Come and check out my blog


    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...