Thursday, March 29, 2012

Whole Wheat Pineapple Coconut Cupcake

PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!!
~I am in the top 10 on Voiceboks Foodie Blog 2012, please Vote for me so I can stay in the Top 10, I am number 10 right now.   Click here! and look for my blog and vote.  Thanks so much to my wonderful followers, you can vote everyday.  The voting ends April 13th.~
_________________________________________
  
I was asked by a couple of my followers to post my recipe for these cupcakes, this is a family recipe that my grandmother used to make, she didn't make a cupcake but she made a double decker sheet cake, and she didn't use whole wheat, but it was GOOD! So here is the recipe, I hope you like it, and let me know how they turn out.  I think I am going to make these cupcakes for Easter Sunday dessert.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups of whole wheat white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk *Homemade
2 eggs *Brown Fresh Eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 cup canola oil or applesauce
1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
Set oven to 350
Mix wet ingredients, and then add dry ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcakes cups 1/2 way. Bake for 20 minutes, for standard cupcakes, bake for 12 minutes for mini cupcakes.  Let cool on wire rack.
Cream Cheese Pineapple Frosting
8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1 stick of unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Fresh pineapple juice w/ chopped pineapples in it
Coconut (sweetened or unsweetened whichever you prefer)
Mix cream cheese and butter together, and add powdered sugar in 1 cup at a time, add some fresh pineapple juice (not too much).
~Now for one of my secrets: Warm your fresh pineapple mixture on the stovetop, and then dip your cupcake in the mixture (it will seep into the cupcake and make it so moist and juicy! Frost and dip in coconut~
ENJOY!!

I am linking up here!

21 comments:

  1. You have such delicious looking cupcakes Pam. Thanks for sharing your family recipe. I love it. I'm surprised there is vinegar in it, but then the best recipes usually have unusual ingredients in them.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Regina, The Crazy Nuts Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela - I'm a new follower from the Kurtz Corner Sunday Social. Your recipes look amazing! I'm looking forward to reading your blog more often!

    Michelle @ Crazy for Crafts
    http://crazyiniowa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, following you from the hop, I hope you can do so too! http://granitestatesavers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela! These look really yummy! I am hosting my first linky party, I was hoping you would stop by and link up?
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2012/03/taylor-house-thursdays-linky-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deliciousness! I love coconut and pineapple…and you use whole wheat…this is a win for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just yelled out the title of this recipe and my daughter fell over herself running to look at the picture. I think we're headed to the grocery store...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! Hard to read without making my mouth water!
    leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious. Thanks so mucho for stopping by The NY Melrose Family and leaving such a sweet commnet on my infant tutu. I'm hosting a bloglovin blog hop tonight so stop back over if you get a chance. If you're not familiar with bloglovin you can find out about it at www.thenymelrosefamiily.blogjspot.com/2012/02/i-heart-bloglovin.html. I'm following via LF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look amazing! A sheet cake sounds good too. You have a great blog and I am a new follower on GFC and Linky. I would love it you could visit my blog and link up to my party at http://www.arosiesweethome.com/2012/03/sunday-round-up-2.html
    I hope you come
    Thanks
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids are crazy about coconut and pineapple, so I think I have no choice but to bookmark and try this sometime! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my husband would love this! new follower from the blog hop, would love a follow back.

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really good. Love that you added the pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this recipe - especialy the use of whole wheat flour! Thanks for dropping by Great Beauty Buys. Have a blessed day.

    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cream cheese pineapple frosting sounds divine! What is it about frosting...so special!;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Voted for you!
    I also wanted to let you know that I'm passing along the Liebster Blog award to you. There's some info about it on my post
    http://djssugarshack.com/wordpress1/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMM...this sounds so good! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always looking for great recipes to use my wheat flour with. I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-8.html to share this recipe with my readers.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday :-)

    Addicted to Recipes
    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks…..hope to see you again tonight and have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. YUMMMM! These look delish! You're being featured- the post should be up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...