Monday, March 19, 2012

Whole Wheat S'more Cupcakes

~Please join me over at 504 Main where I am a Guest Host on this awesome blog, I am showcasing my Orange Blossom Cupcakes~

___________________________________________________________________

Hershey Chocolate / Marshmallows/ Graham Crackers what do you get when you put those three things together.  The most wonderful cupcakes in the world, and then when you make them healthy that is even better.  So since I made Whole Wheat S'more Cookies last week, I had to make a Whole Wheat S'more Cupcake, it was very easy and nice to get creative.


Ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa
1 cup of hershey chocolate chips

1 cup mini marshmallows

1 cup of mashed up graham crackers
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 cup buttermilk *Homemade
2 eggs * I use fresh brown eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vinegar
Mix all your wet ingredients together, then mix in your dry ingredients.   Fill your cups 1/2 full, and put chocolate chips/mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers in each cupcake batter, bake for 20 minutes, let cool on wire rack.

Marshmallow cream icing

1 cup marshmallows
3 tbsp fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix until creamy, spread the icing on your cupcakes, it may be runny but that's alright it will harden once its on the cupcake and then decorate your cupcake if you wish, I got the idea to decorate the top of the cupcake by a picture that I saw in a food magazine, it came out really cute, but you can decorate the top anyway you like, I have seen so many different interpretations of S'more Cupcakes.



All we need now is a campfire,  I wish I had a torch so I could have put a little burn on the marshmallows, maybe next time.  ENJOY!


You can find me linking up Here

19 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering at the thought of these cupcakes! They look fantastic - I'd love to try them.

    Following and pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the awesome comment, and for following, and pinning :-) I am following you also, love your site!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful idea - using whole wheat

    And I must say - these cupcakes looks veeeeeeeeeeery delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those smore cupcakes are adorable!! Love it! Saying hi from VB

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look absolutely amazing!!!! I made s'more cookies recently, I love adding the summery s'more flavor to other desserts! Your cupcakes look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you all for your kInd
    words, I so appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK... I have come to the com\nclusion that your blog is bad for my diet!! LOL!!! OMG!! I must make these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use all healthy natural ingredients, except for some chocolate every now and again, that wont hurt you :-)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea!!! I love this! My kids love to make cupcakes and they love s'mores! Brilliant! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These looks great ,thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! What a great idea! I wish I had one right now! Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday at Addicted to Recipes! Hope to see you at the next link party, starting Sunday!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are too cute. I would eat them all myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yumm! Smores and cupcakes together....that is heavenly!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Question- For the frosting, do you melt the marshmallows before incorporating them with the milk and vanilla?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot to put that..You can mix marshmallows and milk and wait until its combined with the mixer it will take a little time, or melt marshmallows in the microwave or add warm milk to marshmallows.So sorry about that..

      Delete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...