Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Deep Chocolate Healthy Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream Frosting




Not sure if Nutella is new on the market or not, but it seems like there are so many desserts now that have this special ingredient Nutella in it, so when I went to BJ's I picked up a big jar, because I wanted to see what was so special about Nutella, well if you haven't tried it please go and get some, it is so good, rich and did I mention good.  I wanted to make frosting with Nutella, and it came out delicious, after I was done piping my cupcakes (I just piped a dollop of frosting, because I didn't want to overwhelm the cupcake) I found myself licking the piping bag (did I say that out loud), I really outdid myself this time.  I made a deep chocolate healthy cupcake that complimented the Nutella buttercream frosting.  I made these for an event today, they are going to love them.



Ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp salt

2 fresh eggs

1 cup of buttermilk

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp vinegar

1 1/2 cups canola oil

1 cup light brown sugar
Mix all wet ingredients and then add dry sifted ingredients, mix thoroughly. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full, bake for 18-20 minutes.



Nutella Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup Nutella
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1-2 tbsp milk

 
Beat butter until smooth. Add Nutella and beat together until thoroughly combined. Slowly add powdered sugar, mixing until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of milk. Add additional milk or powdered sugar as needed to reach desired consistency. Pipe your frosting onto your cupcakes you can also add some chopped walnuts on top for some crunch. 
ENJOY!


You can find me linking up Here

25 comments:

  1. Oh my! Two of my favorite this nutella and cupcakes. How dare you! lol - Now I have to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM - chocolate - is it bad to have this for breakfast? Sure would go down nicely with a cup of Joe!
    Happy Tuesday!
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell how good these treats are just by looking at the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nutella has been around a long time. I devoured nutella crepes in Paris!!! YUM!!! I'm not good at crepes, but I have a feeling nutella buttercream will make me forget all about them.

    Imagine that frosting on brownie bites??? Totally not healthy, but really??? With nutella, who cares :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nutella has been around for ages. Make crepes and put a thin layer on them. Yum. Yum. Yum. These look fabulous.I will pin them for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! If I keep visiting here, I'm going to certainly start baking (and healthier :)! These look delicious. My kids LOVE Nutella, I don't quite know if I like it or not - I guess I do like it, but only in really small doses lol.

    Awesome! I'm pinning these, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 0-M-G! I LUV the frosting...oh boy, I gotta try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, looks heavenly! I'm going to make those this week! I've heard more and more about Nutella lately. I've never tried it. Great post!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta try this---I love Nutella! Pinned it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nominated you for the Liebsters Blog Award - please come to my blog and read the post about it! :-) have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anything with Nutella is worth trying! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cupcakes look deeply delicious!! Add to that they're healthy? Who woulda thought?! I am definitely trying this recipe out!!

    If you have a chance, I hope you can visit my blog http://www.whatjeanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not tried nutella yet, but going to try out your recipe and use nutella to see how it taste. These look delicious.
    Stopping by from show me what you got link party

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you believe I've never had nutella before? These sounds great though and sound like a good reason to try it. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays! If you get a chance stop over and link up for the Bloglovin blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm...chocolate. Those sound scrumptious! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These really sound yummy! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there. Sounds good! Found you through Friday Blog Hop, and now following you on Linky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your frosting mixture sounds so yummy! I had to google Nutella cause I didn't know what it was...you have just increased my vocabulary! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! Those sound Amazing! I have never had nutella, but I think I need to try these out very soon! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with us at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for sharing this at Taylor House Thursdays! They look amazing! You are being featured tonight, I hope you will stop by and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look absolutely delicious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am featuring your yummy cupcakes at today's link party!! Wahoo!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/05/thursdays-temptation-16-fabulous.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG....how I love Nutella....DELICIOUS.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am new to Nutella and am taking part in the Nutella challenge over at One Artsy Mama next week...should be fun! I've been searching for Nutella recipes and reading them and looking for my inspiration for my project. Glad I got to see yours Pamela!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...