Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mango Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)

~Thank you to all my followers who helped me make it to the TOP 10 in the Foodie Blog 2012 contest, I was #7 which is great didn't even think that I would out beat all the other blogs, many thanks to all of you.~
_________________________________________________







Can you say refreshing, tasty, fruity cupcake that describes this mango cupcake that I made.  It has a distinct flavor to it, very tropical, tastes like a tropical pound cake.  So go on out and sit by the pool side with your Mango Cupcake (whole wheat and healthy of course). 

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

2 fresh eggs
1 cup of buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup canola oil
1 cup light brown sugar

2 mango's (cut and chopped)

Mix all wet ingredients and then add dry sifted ingredients, mix thoroughly.  Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full bake for 20 minutes for standard cupcakes and 12 minutes for mini cupcakes.

Mango Cream Cheese Frosting

1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 pureed mango (for topping)
1 tbsp fresh mango juice

Mix butter, cream cheese, vanilla and mango juice, then slowly add powdered sugar.  Frost your cupcakes anyway you wish, I just piped a dollop of frosting on mine, and add pureed mango on top for a little garnish.  You will think you are in the Caribbean Island when you bite into one of these.

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

13 comments:

  1. OOOOOH congrats Pamela - 7 is a very lucky number!
    These Mango treats look wonderful. I love anything tropical as the weather starts improving.
    Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be on a Caribbean Island right now! Lol. These cupcakes seem delicious......and healthy too. I love anything with mangoes in it and cream cheese too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and tropical! What a treat for summer.

    Thanks for linking up at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    http://www.couponingncooking.com/2012/04/mealtime-monday-recipe-link-up-party_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! I pinned it for later -- my kids love mango ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean really, you are just brilliant. This sounds wonderful!! And healthy. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    These look absolutely delicious :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Pamela! These look fabulous! Mangoes in a cupcake-wow! Would love for you to link up your healthy, delicious recipes with us at Kids in the Kitchen on Tuesday's. This weeks link up is:http://younglivingoillady.com/home/kids-in-the-kitchen-link-up-week-10/
    We hope to see you there! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband loves mangoes! I have never even considered incorporating them into a baked treat, but now…I just have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look delicious I may have to try them. I have saved the recipe. I love Mangos and cupcakes so this is perfect. Stopping by from Mingle Monday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are going on our baking list!!!!!!

    YUMYUM!

    and CONGRATS on #7!!!! =^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister will love this! Will forward it to her now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This recipe looks great! I would love it if you linked up this post to my blog hop for a chance to win a cookbook prize package: http://ow.ly/aj76a

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious! I have a son who LOVES mangoes, bet he'd love this too! Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...