Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mini Vanilla Confetti Cupcakes


~PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!! ~I am STILL in the top 10 YAY! on Voiceboks Foodie Blog 2012, Click here! and look for my blog and vote. Thanks so much to my wonderful followers, you can vote everyday. The voting ends April 13th.~

_______________________________________________




These mini cupcakes are just the treat you need for a birthday, get together, holiday or just because.  They are so easy to make, take only 12 minutes to bake, and then you can get creative with your frosting colors and toppings.  The kids seem to like these much better than standard cupcakes because they can just pop these in there mouths.

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 cup light brown sugar

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup buttermilk

2 eggs

1 tsp vinegar

1 cup canola oil
Mix all the wet ingredients thoroughly, and add your dry ingredients. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full bake 12 minutes, cool on wire rack, and prepare your frosting.


Classic Buttercream Frosting

1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened

3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, SIFTED

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

up to 4 tablespoons fat free milk
food coloring (any color)


Beat butter for a few minutes on medium speed. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of milk and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoon at a time.  Split your batches up and add food coloring to each batch and stir with rubber spatula to get the nice color you want.  You can pipe the frosting on or put the frosting on with a flat spatula, and then get creative and put on some FUN jumbo confetti (I found these at Michael's in the baking section). 
ENJOY!
I am linking up here!

22 comments:

  1. Yay for whole wheat cupcakes! Love your decoration - so colourful and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mini cupcakes for birthdays. Especially for taking to school for the kids. I think it's just enough to say, they got a cupcake without over sugaring them for school. These look delicious and healthier and I bet the are super tastey too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering just looking at these! I might just have to make these this weekend. :)

    I'm now following you through email, Linky Followers, and Blog Lovin'. I also voted for you on VoiceBoks and Picket Fence!

    -Courtney
    peaceloverecipes.com
    optimisticmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These minies should be easier for those on a diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything tastes better when it's "mini," doesn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop! http://kingofsaving.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your newest follower from Cast Party Wednesday. I'm going to have to try that recipe with my girls this weekend :)
    http://thelifeofthiscountrymama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too cute! I really need to invest in one of those mini cupcake pans.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh these look so good. Just found you from It's a Keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yumm! And they are soooo adorable!! Would you share them over at my party?
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2012/04/taylor-house-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are SO adorable! Thanks so much for sharing them at Shine on Fridays...making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cup cakes I'm not that creative but, I'm getting there you have to have some patience to do this type of decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! These looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy!! I can think of a few kiddos that would love these! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great! And now I am incredibly hungry! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love confetti anything! Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so cute! Sweet little cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for linking this yummy post up to my Say G'Day Saturday Party. I just tweeted about it!

    I hope you will be able to join in and link up another fabulous post this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm inspired and now I REALLY want to get one of those mini cupcake baking pans. I've walked past them in the store but I know I'd use it all the time to make recipes like this one if I had it!

    Thanks so much for linking at Drab to Fab!

    Today's party link: http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-up-13-features.html

    Have a great weekend! :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks very succulent! I'm inspired to learn how to bake!

    Sugar Foodie from the Philippines! =)

    http://sugarfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...