Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know I said that I wasn't going to be on today, but I just had to come on this morning, and after I homeschool my two little ones I will get to baking for our party tomorrow.  Can't leave you without a recipe.

__________________________________________________


Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
Set oven to 350
  1. In a large mixing bowl beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer until well combined.
  2. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (your dough will be stiff).
  3. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks.
  4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment papered baking sheets.
  5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
  6. Remove from oven and cool slightly then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen

ENJOY!

10 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm saving this for this weekend. Do you not sift whole wheat flour? Just want to check so I don't mess something up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look great! Now, I have made whole wheat chocolate chip cookies before, but they are not a fan favorite in my house. What's your secret to keeping them high on the kid critique scale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just can't leave us without a recipe :) Love it! Now what party are you going to be baking for?
    FOllowed you on Linky FOllowers - my official favourite baker!
    Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a delicious looking recipe!!! Glad I found you via Voiceboks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another recipe that makes my mouth water! :) I'm definitely going to have to try these - I've never made anything that's whole wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh my gosh I love, love, love, love chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my...this is the 3rd recipe I've come across today for chocolate chip cookies! I think I'm going to have to make some tonight ;). Awesome pictures and recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! So glad I got to meet you via The Sunday Social. Thanks for coming. I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have the best recipes! I really appreciate how you use ww.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I'll have a dozen please!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...