I know I said that I wasn't going to be on today, but I just had to come on this morning, and after I homeschool my two little ones I will get to baking for our party tomorrow. Can't leave you without a recipe.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
Set oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (your dough will be stiff).
- Stir in chocolate chips or chunks.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment papered baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
- Remove from oven and cool slightly then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen