Sunday, April 8, 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Split Cupcake


PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!! ~I am STILL in the top 10 YAY! on Voiceboks Foodie Blog 2012, Click here! and look for my blog and vote. Thanks so much to my wonderful followers, you can vote everyday. The voting ends April 13th.~

_____________________________________________________




This is a DELICIOUS cupcake and it does taste just like a banana split.  My husband and kiddies loved this cupcake.  So I wanted to share this with my readers.

Ingredients

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1 cup canola oil
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas (2 bananas)
1/2 cup fresh strawberries (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh pineapples (chopped)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)

Oven 350
Mix all your wet ingredients and add your dry ingredients to the mixture mix well.  Fill your cupcake liners 1/2 full, bake for 20 minutes.

Banana Whipped Cream Frosting

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 banana (mashed)
walnuts (chopped)
chocolate syrup
cherries

Mix heavy cream, vanilla and banana until well blended, it will be a little runny, but that's how you want it, place in fridge for about 30 minutes, then frost cupcakes add walnuts, chocolate syrup and top it off with a cherry.

ENJOY!

I am linking up here!

15 comments:

  1. voted... I'm not a HUGE banana fan---but I know my kiddos would LOVE this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound good! I try to make all of my treats as nutritious as possible. I'll be trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I really read the title right? What an excellent idea for a cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Looks amazing and even sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cupcake! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another delicious recipe - my boys love Bananas. I made your fabulous cupcakes for Easter - turned out great. Take a look - they made me a hero at the family gathering!
    http://oneandoneequalstwinfun.com/blog/?p=1069

    Good luck wth your competition - will vote for you now.
    Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela,
    You are so creative! These look adorable and I am sure they would be a hit with the kids. Going over to vote now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound scrumptious! Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing what you can do with a cupcake these days! I can read all about it, and look at the photos, just can't eat it!;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds divine! Anything with banana in it is alright with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks really yummy.


    Stopping by from the Tuesday Hops to say hello.
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much everyone for all your kinds word, and for voting for me! I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! That's heaven on a plate, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter would love this! She is a banana fiend. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...