Sunday, April 29, 2012

Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles



  Here is a cookie that I know everyone LOVES, I know my family does, so when I tweaked one of my recipes and tasted this cookie I couldn't believe how good it came out. I have to say it again, even though these are healthy cookies, you wont taste that, it's amazing how majority all my treats have that good, wholesome taste.  You can make them for your family also.

Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles

½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

 Preheat oven to 375

 Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
 Stir in vanilla.  Measure whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt onto creamed mixture. Stir together just until mixed completely.  In a small bowl, combine white sugar and cinnamon.  Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place in cinnamon sugar and cover dough completely.  Place snickerdoodles on parchment paper baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on wire rack

Makes about 2 dozen

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

12 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a whole wheat Snickerdoodle recipe!! Thank you for posting this. Mine have been too dry to call them Snickerdoodles, but I will be trying this recipe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cookies...well, I love all type of cookie. But not sure about whole wheat. I've always been scared to use it. I might have to give it a try :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome my first whole wheat recipe.. LOVE it!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, these sound yummy. I have never made them with whole wheat, but I promise, I'm going to now!! I'll let you know how they turn out! Get in my belly!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound and look so good! I love recipes that add a healthy element. I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!!! I'm a terrible baker but love to pass things on to the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my those cookies really do look heavenly. I thoroughly enjoyed this delicious post. I would love it if you could share this wonderful post at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join us.
    Paula
    Ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great healthy cookie! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that these have a healthy element. And snickerdoodles really are my favorite! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, this is the one I'm going to try. No milk needed, I have everything else. Yay! And I have only made white flour Snicker Doodle cookies once so there shouldn't be any comparison about the taste.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...