Monday, May 28, 2012

Chocolate Chip Nutella Cookies (Whole Wheat)

~Happy Memorial Day~

Just hanging with my wonderful family today, my hubbie is getting the pool together, cleaned out and all for the summer season. Later on we will be cooking on the grill, the first of the season, I so love grilled food, there is nothing like that grilled taste! Enjoy your family today!

______________________________________


Pamela's Heavenly Treats had its first link party DESSERTS only, Heavenly Treats Sunday #1 Linky Party, add your scrumptious dessert.

~Week 3 of my New Beginnings, I have lost 6 lbs, my eating habits have changed and I exercise every night with my hubbie, it is a powerful workout, but I don't give up.  On the weekend when my hubbie is at work, I jump on the elliptical for 30 minutes and rest on Sunday, I am striving to lose 50 lbs, I know I can do it, I am so excited for this change in my life~

_________________________________________________


Day 1 ~ Nutella Week, when I found out what Nutella was I was thinking how did I not know about this, to me it tastes like a little bit of heaven!  Today we have Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Nutella Cookies / Sandwich Cookies, I am so glad I made these, another quick and easy recipe, the entire family loved them, they got a thumbs up, I also made these cookies for my monthly donation to Hospice in my town (they were a hit); the best part is you can eat them single or as a cookie sandwich, all you need is a glass of milk and you will really have a heavenly experience!  I saw this recipe over at Megan's Cookin and I just tweaked it to make it a little healthier.



Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup nutella
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup of chocolate chips

Directions
Set oven to 350

Cream butter and sugar in a mixer on high speed, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
Beat until light and fluffy.
With the mixer on low, add the egg and vanilla.
Add the Nutella and mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until all the ingredients are incorporated the dough is smooth.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop into balls and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes
Let cookies cool about 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can leave the cookies singles, or spread about a teaspoon or so on the flat side of half the cookies, and top with another cookie to make a Nutella Cookie Sandwich.


ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here



16 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great cookie--I cannot eat Nutella Hazelnut allergy,but my kids LOVE it might put this one on our baking list.
    That list is getting pretty long everytime I stop in I find another good recipe to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single person in my family will LOVE these! We have a party coming up, and I said I'd bring cookies; I think these will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! Can you believe I've never tried Nutella? I need to go buy myself a ar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy recipe! What stood out to me in this post was: TODAY is your first day to grill???? WOW!!! We live in NC and grill year round. :)

    Congratulations on your commitment to getting fit. I made that choice back at Christmas (not really the best time to commit to eating healthy, but it worked.) I lost 20 lbs in three months, just by improving the quality of food I ate and exercise. Keep it up. You'll love the improved, energized you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! This looks really good! Do you think this can be adapted to egg/dairy free to work around my food allergies? I would love to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can adapt this to dairy free use a egg substitute, and it should come out fine.

      Delete
  6. 6 pounds?? I'm so happy for you Pamela!! I know you want to be healthy so woohoo keep up the good work. And yep, we're in heaven week for me, aka Nutella week :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for all of your womderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I’ve started My Sweet Party, where I every month host a party with a theme (MAY theme is CHOCOLATE). The party is ongoing the entire duration of the month and then I will choose my top three favourites and feture those blogs. I would LOVE you to join My Sweet Party!

    The last day to link up for May is the 31st of May.

    http://meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

    XXX
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. *drools*
    There are no words to describe how much I want those cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO yummy. I love Nutella. And the cookies sound great! I love using whole wheat flour in my chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following along:>

    I love anything with nuetella. Can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on the 6 lbs!! I love Nutella but unfortunately I cant do much baking with it. The Mr. has nut allergies:( I miss nuts in baking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to get on the Nuetella band wagon and try these!

    Thanks for linking up at Mealtime Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cookies look really good. I love nutella! Good luck on losing weight. I really like that these cookies are healthier. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-9.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously...Nutella is a little bit of heaven in a jar! These look so great! Thank you for sharing at Uncommon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...