Friday, May 18, 2012

Easy No Cook Strawberry Jam



We are at the end of Strawberry week, and I looked for a no cook recipe, so I could attempt to make strawberry jam, and I found one; I did tweak it just a little, I think it came out good, being that it was my first attempt.  So here we go.

Ingredients

4 cups whole fresh strawberries (when mashed you will have 2 cups)
2 cups sugar (you may use more, but I didn't want mine to sugary)
1 pouch Pectin
2 tbsp lemon juice
 
Directions 
 
Combine strawberries and sugar, let stand for 10 minutes. Add pectin and lemon juice, stir for about 3 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into clean mason jars, or plastic containers, cover tightly. Leave at room temp for 24 hours or until it is set. You can freeze up to 1 year or refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
 
ENJOY!
 
You can find me linking up Here

17 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and so easy. I wonder how hard it would be to add rhubarb to it? I'm going to try this out!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my son say, "Easy peasy lemon greasy." We are having a great strawberry season here. If I could save them long enough for any of these recipes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this saying.. I usually say "easy peasy, lemon squeezy", but i like greasy better, so I'm adopting your son's version from now on!

      Delete
  3. This recipe looks so easy that I may need to make some even though we only eat jam on pancakes. I also love your new look!

    Thanks for linking up to our Finished Friday blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Boys LOVE Strawberry jam I just might have to make this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delish! I love love strawberry jam...it's totally my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit, I've never made homemade jam but this easy recipe makes me think I should try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really? No cook? WOW! SO easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks REALLY easy!! I could do this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Thank you for sharing. I was looking for a recipe like this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. any ideas on making this for diabetics? Maybe using splenda? Or does it need the sugar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my email addy is ladybirdms@aol.com

      Delete
  11. This Is perfect and looks so dang Easy!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! So happy you are joining in the fun at #GYCO!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonder how it would work to use Splenda in this instead of sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is something I can do and enjoy strawberry jam without all the cost. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you use thawed frozen strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes yoy can use frozen just let them thaw out in fridge and then follow recipe. @tammy duda

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...