Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nutella Brownie Bars (Whole Wheat)



~First let me start off by saying I had such a fun day with my family on yesterday, I took so many pictures, so for Wednesdays post it will be filled with pictures of our day.  I also had a photo shoot of my own by my son Josef (he is a twin, 12 years old) and he loves his mama; I felt so special, he took all these pictures of me, and it was so much fun.  So now I have some nice pictures of myself.  

 I promised that this will be a HEAVENLY week (and as my blogger friend Anne said "this is Heaven week for her" with Nutella treats) so I guess its true.  So without further adue.~

________________________________________________
(Photo taken by Josef)

Day 2 ~ Nutella Week, I actually made Nutella Brownie Bars (Whole Wheat) I made that name up, because they look like a brownie, but the texture is like cake, bar kind of treat to me.  I am not a brownie maker, every time I make any type of brownie they don't come out right.  But this time I out did myself, even my hubbie was impressed, and he doesn't eat treats to often.  My kids love brownies, but I don't make them to often so this was a real treat for them, and I got a thumbs up for this healthy treat YAY!  This goes really good with a nice cold glass of fat free milk, and in the words of my 5 year old these are absolutely DELICIOUS!  Go ahead give it a try! 
Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
*1/6 cup splenda/sugar substitute
2 eggs
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup Nutella
*Peanut allergy you can omit
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions
Heat oven to 350
Mix together butter, brown sugar, nutella and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well.  Mix together whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips if desired.  Grease bottom of 9 inch baking pan.  Spread batter evenly in  pan. 
Bake 20 to 25 minutes.  Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.

*I was asked about sugar substitute for a recipe of mine, so I thought I would include this in my recipes now, so everyone can enjoy!

ENJOY!
    You can find me linking up Here

15 comments:

  1. I love Nutella on toast, but I've never tried it in a recipe. These look so good, so I think I'm going to have to give it a try.

    Stopping by from VoiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried Nutella recipes... This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look heavenly! I just may give them a try. I'm so glad that you had a good time with your family this weekend!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks YUMMY!

    Thanks for linking up with Mom's Monday Mingle! Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2
    http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just might not feel so guilty indulging my sweet tooth with your recipes! Out of curiosity, have you tried baking with Truvia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have baked with truvia, splenda and agava nector. You have to use 1/2 of whatever the sugar intake would be for a recipe, and 9 times out of 10 it should come out good.

      Delete
  6. looks yummie! must give this a try.
    I found you through 'Made in a day'.
    Kind regards,
    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brownie bar!!! Looks really delicious, Pamela! I have this picture of you just baking away half of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog! I am following you from the Made In A Day blog hop! I hope you will stop by Swanky Baby and follow us too! Have a good day!

    Swanky Baby
    swankybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum!!!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you believe, I have never tried Nutella? I think I may just need to run out and get some now! Thanks for sharing at tip toe thru tuesday!
    Kim
    tiarasandbowties.blospot.com

    ps your newest follower, love to have you follow too if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love finding new recipes using whole wheat flour. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a yummy recipe! I love anything with Nutella so I'm sold :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...