Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Whole Wheat Strawberry Cookies






This week is strawberry week, let's see how many healthy treats I can make.  I told my kiddies this week every treat I make is going to have strawberries in it, the big boys said that's cool, and the little boys said it's going to be delicious!  They all crack me up with there funny phrases.

Today we have a Whole Wheat Strawberry Cookie, nice and simple, tastes really good.  I know alot of recipes for strawberry cookies are made the easy way with a box of strawberry cake mix, but not here, we make everything from scratch, and with fresh ingredients.  This cookie goes well with a cup of hot tea.  So it's a good cookie to have at a tea brunch.


Ingredients

1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp buttermilk (homemade)
1 tsp vanilla
10 fresh strawberries, (chopped)
Directions
Set oven to 350
Mix wet ingredients together until combined, add in sifted dry ingredients.  Fold in fresh chopped strawberries.  Using a small scooper, drop cookie dough onto parchment paper cookie sheet, don't make them to big because they will spread. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack.
ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

7 comments:

  1. Oooo! We have strawberries right now! Maybe we'll try it. Hop you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sob* I'm SO HUNGRY and I want these! I'm headed to the grocery store in about 30 minutes, and now I have to add to the list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the strawberries peeking! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could see having these with a nice cup of lemon tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool recipe! My 4-year-old loves strawberries... I bet she'll like this. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious. Have a great week. Greetings from Romania.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...