Friday, May 4, 2012

Whole Wheat Vanilla Sugar Cookie

 


 
Here is a wonderful tasting cookie, I call it Vanilla Sugar, but it tastes more like a cinnamon spice cookie, with a hint of orange, it is good and healthy.
Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp. fat free milk
1 tbsp. grated orange peel
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1 egg
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups 100% whole wheat flour

These 2 ingredients are for rolling the cookies in:
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
 
Directions
 
Preheat oven to 375. In large bowl combine the first 6 ingredients until blended well. In another bowl combine the next 5 ingredients (sift). Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, until blended completely.

In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Place parchment paper on cookie sheets and place cookie
balls 2 inches apart; flatten slightly. Bake 8 - 10 minutes until
light golden brown. (Cookies will be soft in center.)
Yield 2-3 dozen
ENJOY!
 
You can find me linking up Here

14 comments:

  1. Dangit. I really need to go get some FF milk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suger cookies are good one their own add in some cinnamon
    and orange spice--NOW ITS A PARTY!!!! =^D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I already ate breakfast at 5:30 this morning, and I'm no longer a junkfood junkie, you're making me hungry, with all these delish recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those sound yummy! What an interesting idea, to put some orange peel in. I'll bet that gives it a great twist in the flavor. Looks YUMMY too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm learning how my my 5-year-old loves helping me cook. This is the kind of thing she'll love to get her hands into. Hellloooo tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I now what I'm doing over the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you had me at "whole wheat" and then you went and added "sugar" and now I'm yours forever!

    Aloha,
    Just stopping by to share some Aloha and say... It's FRIDAY!!! Thanks for joining the ALOHA Friday HOP!

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. pamela, those look so delicious!! i want to go make some cookies now!! Thanks for joining the blog hop again :)

    www.whatjeanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So yummy looking!!! I really need to drop by your home, haha. Hope you're having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what it is about Sundays that make me want to eat, um, cook. But I'm seriously pulling out the ingredients to make this now! Love a cheqy cookie! By time hubby gets off the plane there will hopefully be a warm batch waiting for him!

    Warmest regards,
    Joy
    http://www.PardonMyPoppet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I'll be throwing a shower latter this month, maybe I'll try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! I love the fact that you use whole wheat. Okay, I know these are not the healthiest, but I certainly love whole wheat anything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great! Thank you for linking to Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...