Sunday, June 24, 2012

4th of July Red Velvet Cupcakes



Since its almost 4th of July, I thought why not let me make my famous 
Whole Wheat Red Velvet Cupcakes 



Ingredients

2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh buttermilk
2 fresh eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cup canola oil or applesauce
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1tbsp red food flavoring

Set oven to 350

Mix wet ingredients, and then add sifted dry ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcake tins 1/2 way, and bake for 18 minutes, once done cool on wire rack.



Whipped Buttercream Frosting

2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2tbsp fat free milk
Blue icing coloring

Cream butter and vanilla, slowly add powdered sugar and milk if needed, add icing coloring. Mix on high for 3 minutes.  Pipe cupcakes, decorate if you like.

ENJOY!


You can find me linking up Here

11 comments:

  1. I love your recipes Pamela! Thanks for this funny and tasty cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! If there were white star sprinkles, that would be fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy! I was already following you via google friend but now following you on twitter and pinterest too, would love follows back. www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. ooohhh, I was in the grocery store the other day and saw some irresistible patriotic-themed sprinkles, This might be just the cupcake recipe to use to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! I'll have to do something similar for the 4th of July! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via the hop and added myself to your followers! Also I’d love to have you follow back maybe and check out a huge OSCAR DE LA RENTA giveaway I’m having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
    Xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/oscar-de-la-renta-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are perfect! You'd never think you could get away with the whole wheat, but they look so fluffy and yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look absolutely delicious Pam! How many times have I said this to you haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum. Those look delicious. Love the blue. Perfect. Come and visit us. We have terrific recipes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so pretty and they sound delicious too! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey lady! I just wanted to let you know I featured you today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and check it out:>

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...