Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cherry Icee Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)





Today we have Whole Wheat Cherry Icee Cupcakes, I follow a wonderful blog 
 Crazy for Crust  and the desserts are amazing.  Last week she made Icee Cupcakes which were beautiful and really looked like Icee's on top of a cupcake.  So my kiddies wanted to make them, and we did, and they came out really good, and I must say that the frosting tastes just like a cherry Icee its amazing!  These could be a wonderful treat for a pool party, park play date, any outside event!


Whole Wheat Cherry Icee Cupcakes

2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh buttermilk
2 fresh eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cup canola oil or applesauce
2 tbsp maraschino cherry juice

Set oven to 350

Mix wet ingredients, and then add sifted dry ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcake tins 1/2 way, and bake for 18 minutes, once done cool on wire rack.

Cherry Icee Buttercream Frosting

1 pack cherry Jell-O mix
2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)

3 cups powdered sugar 

milk for consistency
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and vanilla add powdered sugar little at a time, add pack of jello mix, add fat free milk if needed.  Pipe cupcakes and add a straw if you like.

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

11 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty! I wish you were here to make cupcakes for my daughters party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These got moved to the top of our summer baking list too after we say that Icee post! =) Today we're doing cookies for a party but I think tomarrow its Icee cupcakes! Hope mine turn out as good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with the coolest ideas for recipes! :) Thanks so much for sharing this one! LOVE icee flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm! These look great. Jello in frosting? I have never tried that. We always have jello around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! You have set off my cupcake craving meter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used whole wheat cupcakes! I must try that. Makes the super-sugary frosting not as guilty, lol. Glad you liked the frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remind me not to visit your blog when it's almost midnight here in my timezone... Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So... I'm pretty sure I was already following but I wasn't sure so here I am signing up again 'cause I don't wanna miss a single heavenly treat. =)

    Aloha,
    I'm stopping by to visit/ follow from the Welcome Wednesday hop. We are riding the wave of life at localsugarhawaii.com and I would love it if you joined us for the ride. I would love it too if you joined us for a simple wordless Wednesday link up. No rules. Just friends. I would love for other beautiful bloggers to discover the good that you do.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, they are mouth-watering! Thanks for sharing the recipe again. My daughter loves cupcakes and I'm sure she'll like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always... yummee, yummee, yumee, icee :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing at The Sunday Showcase. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...