Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cookie Surprise Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)



If you don't know what you want for a treat today, you cant decide between a cookie or cupcake, then this is the treats for you. Whole Wheat Cookie Surprise Cupcake, you can have the best of both worlds.  This was a cupcake inspired by my kiddies, when I make cookies and cupcakes, they would say you should put that cookie on top of the cupcake next time, so I decided hey why not do that.  



Easy Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup fresh buttermilk

Mix wet ingredients, add dry ingredients, fill cupcakes tins 1/2 full you will get 12 cupcakes.  Bake for 18 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.



Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp fat free milk (if you need)
Any kind of cookies

Cream butter, vanilla and then add powdered sugar, and milk (if needed).  Pipe frosting and add a cookie and then pipe a dollop in the middle of cookie.

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here


19 comments:

  1. hi from the gfc hop!

    visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they look so yummy its making me very hungry lol. Hi i found your delightful blog via the hop and i am now following.
    Love it if you have time if you would come visit me at
    www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look adorable! I am going to pin it! I am now a follower via Pinterest as well!
    Stopping by from the Wednesday blog hop! Frugal and Fun Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just pinned this to Pinterest. They are so gorgeous! I'll bet they are tasty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela!! Oh my goodness.. you just outdo yourself each and every time!! I unfortunately can't turn on the over during the summer months... it just makes my house WAY TOO HOT! However, I am collecting your recipes fir the fall! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm Yumm Yumm....these look amazing! :)

    Danielle
    http://bellaella2121.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. creative children---wonder where they get THAT from??? =^}
    sounds like another for our baking list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combination!! This treat is perfect for indecisive folks like me :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, these look amazing! I can't wait to try the recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this... you can let a kid pick their favorite cookie and make it the topping. Thanks for sharing this cupcake on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look delicious. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want some... PLEASE! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Don't forget to swing by this evening.. I can't wait to see what you link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is just delicious! too bad i'm on diet.. :(

    So tempting.. ;)

    Thanks for sharing at Create & Inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are those Thin Mints on top of those cookies?! They sure look like it. I could eat a few of those cupcakes.:) Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your recipes. I send them to a friend who is a missionary in Germany. She uses ww flour, so your recipes are great. Her teenage kids love to make cupcakes. Thank you for your great shares.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...