Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lemon Kisses Mini Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)




These are the most cutest cupcakes that I ever made, I love the mini cupcakes, especially for the kids or for get togethers because its one bite and its a nice small dessert.  I made these the other day when I had my girlfriends over and they loved them.

Lemon Kisses Mini Cupcakes



2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh buttermilk
2 fresh eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cup canola oil 
lemon zest
fresh lemon juice


Set oven to 350

Mix wet ingredients, and then add sifted dry ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcake tins 1/2 way, and bake for 18 minutes, once done cool on wire rack.

Lemon Buttercream Frosting

2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar 

milk for consistency

1 tsp vanilla
lemon zest
yellow icing coloring

Cream butter and vanilla add powdered sugar little at a time, add fat free milk if needed.  Add lemon zest and yellow icing coloring, pipe cupcakes.

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

19 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm a lover of all things lemony, and this is definitely going to get made at my house next week.
    ....I may or may not be drooling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really heavenly! I love cupcakes, big or small. I wish I was one of your girlfriends, so I could just drop by your house and have those goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela... you are simply amazing!! I can't believe all the wonderful ymmies you make... wished I lived closer so you could invite me over next time!! Blessings my friend to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound fantastic. Lemon anything is my favorite! Thanks for sharing.

    I just found your blog on The Taylor House. Glad I did- great blog!

    Visit The Pretty Pinhead and enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I was never really a lemon in my baking fan until recently...and now I just love it! Thanks Pamela for sharing your recipe
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are you always torturing me like this!! They look soooo good. Imma gonna make them this weekend. I love baking with whole wheat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a big fan of lemon - this sounds de-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look great- and I love buttercream frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic. My little girl surely gonna love this! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything lemon. I am going to try these. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those look absolutely delicious!!

    new follower from the GFC Blog Hop
    megancamille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMY!! I'll have to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whole wheat excellent and lemon zest in the frosting for a zing... love it. Please share your cupcakes on my foodie friday party today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Divine! It's lunch time - I could eat the whole plate of them :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your website always makes my mouth water. I a sweetaholic and I love lemon!

    Stopping by from VoiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these. I love lemon in anything! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cupcakes. I love lemon and I like the fact that you use whole wheat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, you are being featured on foodie friday today. Please stop by and pick up your featured button. So glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Pamela! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you are featured this week at Sweet & Simple Sunday!!

    Kim from Cups by Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...