Thursday, June 21, 2012

M&M Candy Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)



Since the kids are helping me in the kitchen this week, I thought we would do a cupcake and incorporate candy with it. So they said how about we make a cupcake, and put an M&M on top, I thought that was a great idea.  So we came up with 
Whole Wheat M&M Candy Cupcakes
You can't go wrong with this, a healthy cupcake and then a little piece of sweet candy on top.



M&M Candy Cupcakes

2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh buttermilk
2 fresh eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cup canola oil or applesauce


Set oven to 350

Mix wet ingredients, and then add sifted dry ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcake tins 1/2 way, and bake for 18 minutes, once done cool on wire rack.

Whipped Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar 

fat free milk for consistency

2 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and vanilla add powdered sugar little at a time, add fat free milk if needed, mix on high for 3 minutes.  Pipe cupcakes and add an M&M on top (I used almond M&M's)

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

13 comments:

  1. What brand of whole wheat flour would you recommend? I have NO experience working with whole wheat flour. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about talented (you not me, smile, I can boil water). Are m&m's like smarties so they don't have all the colors???

    Visiting from "Hop Along Friday" (http://www.homeofohm.com/2012/06/hop-along-friday-come-link-up-0622.html).
    I follow you on Twitter (@travelsofthezoo).

    Regards, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeysof TheZoo
    journeysofthezoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your going to be comming up with a whole new batch of goodies with the new helpers for the summer =) LOOKS D-LISH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela... these look so yummy. There aren't enough days in the week for me to try all your cupcakes!! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fabulous Pamela! You are super talented. I am afraid the M&Ms wouldn't make it on the cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here. Your treats look amazing. I am always looking for recipes that allow my 5 year old to help in the kitchen. He is always wanting "a job".

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! Love that these are whole wheat and that incorporates a fun, healthy aspect to dessert! Thanks for sharing!

    Emily Sung
    http://birthofamom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look SO yummy! Think I may be making these for my husband for his birthday next weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whipped vanilla buttercream...could there be 3 more perfect words together?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recipe, Pamela! I love all of your heavenly treats.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...