Monday, June 18, 2012

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)



KIDS IN THE KITCHEN



Kids in the Kitchen ~ Day 2, we have a delicious treat that everyone loves, you eat it for lunch or for a nighttime snack.  So we decided why not put it in a cupcake, Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes, the kids were like mama those are going to be good!  Sure enough they were delicious, they tasted better than a plain old peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

  

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)



2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 fresh eggs

1 cup of buttermilk

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp vinegar

1 1/2 cups canola oil

1 cup light brown sugar


Mix all wet ingredients and then add dry sifted ingredients, mix thoroughly. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full, bake for 18 minutes.

Peanut Butter ~ Butter Cream Frosting

2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups of sifted powdered sugar
2 tbsp fat free milk (if needed for consistency)
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
Jelly

Cream butter, vanilla together and then add powdered sugar and milk, once that's mixed to where you want it, stir the peanut butter in. Pipe your icing on your cupcakes and then put a little dollop of your favorite jelly on top.  

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here


16 comments:

  1. Yum! I love whole-wheat cupcakes and the peanut butter and jelly combo is definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I'm sure my little girl will love this recipe! :) She LOVES peanut butter and jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My kids would love these! Sounds like a great snack. :)

    Visiting from Serendipity and Spice.

    PS - I'm hosting a giveaway this week!:
    http://makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com/2012/06/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I'm going to show this to my Little Chefs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies sound fabulous and I just know kids would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't handle the fabulousness of these! :) Following along from Monday Meet Up. Will be pinning these and can't wait to look around and pin more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.my.god.

    Peanut butter!!!!!!!!!

    And those pink cups are just waaaaay too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. any thing PBJ in our home is a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great, my daughter would love them! Thanks for retweeting my hop. You are awesome to have around ;) Hope you are having a great day!

    Julie @ Naptime Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! My daughter eats PBJ at least 3 times a day so I know she would love these. So glad I found your site from the @ Home Take 2 blog hop! New follower here and on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just have to try these - they look great, and I've never baked whole-wheat cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look just wonderful. Peanut butter, jelly, and whole grains, what more could you want?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who on earth would want to pass this treat up right? Will pin this now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look delicious, I have pinned it, couldn't help myself. Would love for you to stop by and share on Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen.
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2012/06/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-apple-crisp.html

    By the way, I found you over at Five Little Chefs Fantastic Thursday

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...