Sunday, June 17, 2012

Potato Chip Cookies (Whole Wheat)





KIDS IN THE KITCHEN WEEK



It's Kids in the Kitchen week here at Pamela's Heavenly Treats, it was a LONG weekend with my kiddies but we had fun creating different healthy treats to share with you this week. 


Today we have Whole Wheat Potato Chip Cookies, who would have thought that cookies and potato chips would go together, well they do, think about the Salty and Sweet.  I must admit I was a little reluctant to try but I am glad we made them, they were down right DELICIOUS, everyone loved them.  




Potato Chip Cookies (Whole Wheat)


2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup finely crushed plain potato chips
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla 
2 cups coarsely crushed plain potato chips 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix together flour, 1 cup finely crushed potato chips, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and then add flour mixture mix well. Fold in the 2 cups coarsely crushed potato chips. Scoop dough onto baking sheets, bake for 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
ENJOY!
You can find me linking up Here

7 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I saw you on the Mom's Mingle and am excited to be your newest follower via Linky! I would love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute...Chips AND Cookies. All together? My two favorite things? Genius. I love the salty/sweet combo. Do you think you could add chocolate chips to this, or would it make it too dense?

    Gina (visiting from vB)
    www.totallyfullofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good I love when my mom would have us cook with her www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound good. I have had potato chips made into chocolate candy (Yum), so I'm sure this is just as good.

    Stopping by from VoiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Chips and cookies?! Who knew???? This sounds fantastic :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salty and sweet is often a winner - chocolate covered pretzels:)
    Glad your kids enjoyed cooking in the kitchen with you,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, and what a combo. My husband would love to try these!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...