Friday, June 29, 2012

Red, White & Blue Whole Wheat Brownies




I am an a roll now with making Whole Wheat Brownies, I thought I would decorate them for 4th of July  for fun eating.  You can go here and get the recipe.



~I made my classic buttercream frosting and added red and blue jello mix for the colors~ 

2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
2tbsp fat free milk (if needed)
cherry jello mix
berry blue jello mix

Cream butter and vanilla, add powdered sugar a little at a time, add milk if needed for consistency.  Divide the batch in half and mix in your cherry jello and berry blue jello and frost your brownies anyway you like!


ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

12 comments:

  1. Food is Alaways A Great Topic ! And you Seem To Have alot Of Great Looking Recipes. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look so good! i always make the mistake of looking at food posts late at night! now i'm hungry for something chocolate-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big dessert person but I love following your site and making these sweet treats for others. I especially like that you use whole wheat flour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really good. I am sure my kids would love to help me make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I forgot to mention that the new party is live.. Please stop by and link up!

    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/06/dare-to-share-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look awesome! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome! Love the idea - red, white and blue :) Hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those looks delicious! Love cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is so fun for the fourth. Definitely want to try my hand at whole wheat brownies! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. something so pretty and tasty could be so much better than others now that is awesome come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fourth happens to be my Oma's Birthday--so I think these treat will be a BIG hit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I chose this recipe as one of this week's features on Dare to Share. I can't wait to see what you link up next.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/07/dare-to-share-15.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...