Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Whole Wheat Delicious Brownies




Now if you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that brownies are not my friend.  I just cant seem to make them correctly, but I do now! Thanks to one of my lovelies Mar at Raising Bean her brownies looked so good,  I had to attempt to find a way to incorporate my healthy ingredients and then for them to come out kind of good.  Well I really outdone myself this time, they came out PERFECT.  The entire pan was gone but 4, and I wrapped them up for my snack for the next 2 days!  I have to sometimes hide my healthy heavenly treats from my little taste testers or there would be nothing left. 

Ingredients

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking pan. Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Then start to melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When your butter is all melted, add the light brown sugar to the saucepan. Cook for about 3 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the cocoa powder until everything is blended well. Do the same with the flour mixture. Next put the mixture in your mixing bowl and add the eggs in. Mix on high for about 2 minutes.  Spread the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

16 comments:

  1. Once we get settled and grind some whole wheat flour these are the FIRST things we are trying! Brownies are a HUGE hit in my home. Reading your blog for a while now has inspired me to take the plunge and adapt some of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good and SO easy! Brownies for tonight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm brownies and they are better for you that the normal ones.. Im sold!! yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love brownies!!
    I'll have to make these since they are better for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brownies for a special treat. Yours look nice and rich:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh.. yum!! Mar is awesome.. glad she helped ya out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whenever I read your blog, I get in the baking mode! At least I don't have to feel so guilty since it's healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good I am almost afraid to make them because I know I will want to eat them ALL. I love that you included whole wheat flour so I can feel better about eating them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything that comes out of your oven is bound to be good. No, make that great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok those look amazing! I'm so bummed I can't have wheat or eggs...cause I love me some brownies! :) Thanks for linking up lady!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using WW flour in baked goods. This looks fabulous. Anything chocolate is pretty much my thing. Thanks for linking up today, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh these look AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for linking up!!! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing these with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super yum! I love brownies way too much. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...