Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chocolate Goodness Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)






 Today we have
Whole Wheat Dutch Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Buttercream Frosting
it doesn't get no better than that. We made these for the teachers end of the year gift.  This is a very simple recipe, if you follow it; you will have a heavenly healthy treat.  My kiddies said that the frosting tasted like ice cream!  We really outdid ourselves on this one, if I must say so myself.  







Whole Wheat Dutch Chocolate Cupcakes
2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh buttermilk
(2 tsp white vinegar and 1 cup of fat free milk)
2 fresh eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cup canola oil or applesauce
(I prefer canola oil)
1/4 cup dutch cocoa

Set oven to 350

Mix wet ingredients, and then add sifted dry ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcake tins 1/2 way, and bake for 18 minutes, once done cool on wire rack.

 


Whipped Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting

2 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp fat free milk
1/3 cup dutch cocoa

Cream butter, add powdered sugar, vanilla, cocoa, milk (add a little dabble at a time, you want to be able to pipe the frosting). Now to make it whipped buttercream you have to put your mixer on high speed for about 3 minutes, place frosting in your piping bag and frost your cupcakes.

Enjoy!


You can find me linking up Here

12 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when you do something right in the kitchen?! It's such a great feeling and these look delish! Will try! Thanks Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do your desserts always look so wonderful! I want to make them all, but I don't eat treats that often as of yet, even healthy treats made with whole wheat and such like yours. This is another great cupcake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum!! Guess what Pamela? This weekend I followed my usual oatmeal recipe and substituted the flour for whole wheat. You were so right that you cannot tell the difference. I am looking forward to using it more often and trying some of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks D_LISH I'm sure the teachers enjoyed them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DId you say Chocolate? Gets me every time! YUM
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That frosting looks to die for! Another great cupcake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM looks delish! Linking up worth you this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another awesome recipe! You're super talented, Pamela! Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Mondays.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello pamela! Just found you, and I'm excited to find recipes that are whole wheat! I "followed" you here and on Pinterest, b/c I want to stay in touch. I'm trying to incorporate healthier foods into our diet. I'm excited to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, these cupcakes are one of last week's Marvelous Mondays features! I will be posting the feature post later today! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...