Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Funfetti Fun Cupcakes


Now who doesn't like sprinkles on top of a cupcake?  My kids asked me to make a cupcake with sprinkles inside the cupcake, so you know I had to try it.  Once I looked at the cupcake the name FUNFETTI came to mind, so today we have FUNFETTI FUN CUPCAKES.


Ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

1 cup fresh buttermilk
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups canola oil or applesauce
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
handful of rainbow sprinkles

Mix wet ingredients, then add sifted dry ingredients slowly.  Stir the sprinkles in.   Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full, bake for 18 minutes, let cool on wire rack.

Creamy Buttercream Frosting

2 stick unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
fat free milk (if necessary)
handful rainbow sprinkles

Cream butter and vanilla, add powdered sugar slowly, add a little milk if needed for consistency.  Mix on high for 2 minutes.  Pipe cupcakes I used a 4B tip.  Add rainbow sprinkles to the top.

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

16 comments:

  1. I've been following along, reading recipe after recipe, and I have to ask. Why buttermilk? You use it in many recipes. What makes buttermilk better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much this girl loves herself some Funfetti! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh yum!! These look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the healthy ingredients in these! Definitely keeping this recipe on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for sprinkles! Now if I could only locate my cupcake pan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YUMMY!!! I am SO making these cupcakes!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name... Funfetti! You should patent that :)
    Yes, kids go crazy over sprinkles... Adults do too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OoOH Fun! Looks like something different to try.
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks simply divine!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This recipe looks amazing!! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog post today! You are awesome friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you, Pamela. Thanks for linking and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pamela, these cupcakes look so good, as do all of your cupcakes! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that you used whole wheat flour. Thank you for posting on Saturday Show and Tell. I can't wait for what you'll be posting this week, hope to see you back!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah! I have a feeling just one of these wouldn't do it ;) Thanks so much for linking this up to our weekend Wonders party. Hope to see you back on Thursday :)

    http://thethriftinessmiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...