Sunday, August 19, 2012

Smore Granola Bites (No Bake)



Here we are a week until school starts down here, my 3 big boys are getting ready and excited, my oldest is in 10th grade and my twins are in 7th grade, where did the time go, they are moving on up.  My 2 little ones are in 3rd grade and 1st grade, I wont start homeschooling them until the second week in September, I like to get the hang of my big boys schedules and all the paperwork that comes home, back to school night and all the other things that go on in the beginning of the school year. 

With all that being said, I have to start making snacks for lunches, after school snack and you no I am all about healthy and good, what better way to start off (Back to School Week) then with some Smore Granola Bites (No Bake) this is a nice and simple you can make 2 or 3 batches and have in ziplock bags in the fridge and the kids can just go and get a wholesome after school snack.

Do you have any traditions for Back to School Week?  We do I make a big breakfast the 1st day of school and I go to the end of the driveway with them to wait for the school bus, well my twins that is, I went down last year on the first day with my highschooler he about died LOL, so this year I will spare him the embarrassment.  (I cant remember if I was like that with my mother).  We also have a big family meeting just letting them know what we expect of them for the school year, they are to carry God with them at all times, we pray each morning before they step foot out the door.  Ever since we moved down here 6 years ago was my kids first time attending a public school, and ever since then each year, My Boys get so much praise, every time I come up to the school all I here is there smiles are so wonderful, they are so polite, well mannered, never a problem.  I thank God each and everyday for them, helping my husband and I along our walk of parenthood, with a big family and different personalities anything can happen. 

So here's to alarm clocks, crack of dawn, bus stops, after school practice and homework!



Ingredients

1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup light brown sugar
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions

In a bowl mix oats, mini, marshmallow and chocolate chips, and set aside.  In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter, honey, light brown sugar let come to a boil and then add vanilla turn off and add your dry ingredients, mix it all together until the chocolate chips melt and it is all gooey.  Pour into a greased 8x8 pan and pat down really well, set in fridge for a couple hours.  Cut into bars, or use a cookie cutter  make little bites.

You can find me linking up Here

 Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Feed. Me. Now. Those look good! And I have everything to make them except for the marshmallows. I'll have to try to remember to get some so I can make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo going to make these! I'll let you know when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing and they look so simple too! The two things I look for in a recipe. lol Delicious and simple.

    Sent over from your friend at Mom's Test Kitchen. Hope you can check out my blog at Stlavonlady - a cat, a girl, a man and me!

    Have a blessed night!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Pinned it for an easy after school snack :) Have a great week, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week! I can't wait to see what you share tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  5. Homeschooling sounds so wonderful. How lucky for you that you get to experience it. The snack looks good...and easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! I struggle finding things my daughter (Mis. Super picky). I will give this a try as she packs her lunch for school and we are limited to what she will try.

    I'm sure my little boy will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that they're no-bake! And I have the ingredients sitting in my cupboard. I'll make these for my daughter. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow. That's all I can say! No bake?? How much easier can that ever get?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those look really good. And sound really good. And really easy! I can definitely do easy ;)
    Good luck with the new school year and thanks for sharing!
    (Pinning this)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'll add some toasted almonds or walnuts. Looks YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know me - I'm all about easy :)
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so yummy. I have some family that can't eat chocolate. Do you think peanut butter chips or butterscotch would work?

    Love what I have read on your blog. I especially like what you said about PRAYING everyday and telling your children to take GOD with them. That is priceless. I worked in the school system for over 24 years years. Believe me, some kids have no idea about GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops!!! I read that wrong!!! It was a family meeting. I am sure you pray too or you would not tell your Children to take GOD with them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comments! Yes, you can use any kind of chips peanut butter chips would work great!!

      Delete
  14. Can not wait to make these. Great recipe for the grand kids to help me make. Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so good, and I know my boys would love them. The only problem? I may just eat them all myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your back to school traditions, I have a few years to go, but soon I should start thinking of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh those look amazing! Plus they are healthy so that's a win-win snack!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUMMM! I really like this idea. I think even my picky eater would eat these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing this on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you’ll be back again this week with some more great ideas!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had me at 'no bake' LOL Making these for sure, my kids love s'mores! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm & Link Up! Hope to see you again next week!

    Barbara @ Chase the Star
    chasethestar.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. ....Oh and I forgot to say, I’m featuring you on my Facebook page this week! https://www.facebook.com/chasethestarblog
    Barbara @ Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love no bakes! I've never used marshmallows in them though. Creative twist! I'll have to try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. made these tonight. yumm

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for sharing at Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back this week to link up again! Have a great weekend!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...