Friday, August 24, 2012

Zillions of Zucchini Link Party - I am a Co-Host



This year we planted two tiny zucchini plants, forgetting that just one tiny zucchini plant will become huge and produce zillions of zucchinis.  
This happened last year, too.  You'd think we would have learned....
Luckily, zucchini is one of those rare foods that is well done both sweet and savory, perfect for appetizers to desserts and everything in between. My coping method for dealing with the zucchini was to bake. Zucchini Bread with Oat Topping! Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips! Chocolate Zucchini Cake! Mr. Juggling Act began sauteing zucchini with onions and garlic every night. When my family tired of it all, I took to ignoring the zucchini growing in the garden, until they were the size of a small groundhog.
That was a bad idea.
Now I have zillions of ginormous zucchini.  What the heck am I going to do with it all?!?
So please, dear friends, share with me your favorite zucchini recipes - feel free to link up two or three, after all, I have zillions that need to be used up!  Two of my favorite foodie bloggers are here to co-host with me - say hello to Jamie Mom's Test Kitchen and Pamela Pamela's Heavenly Treats.
 
Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ Google+ ~ BlogLovin'

Grab button for Zillions of Zucchini Link Party at Juggling Act Mama
Please note, kindly do not link up giveaways, other parties or shops. Thanks!



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. How fun! I love zucchini lately. I'm off to link up my favorite recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you can give some to your neighbours, sell some on eBay or let your kids take some to school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela... there's nothing better than a Lebanese stuffed zucchini! I guess I am going to have to start doing recipes too. ;) Grace, peace and blessings, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many interesting zucchini dishes here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I hope you don't mind... I added a chocolate recipe. But it has beets, and not zuchini. I thought maybe it would qualify because a lot of people usually use zuchini in chocolate cake. Anyway, delete if you want, but I would try it first! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the linkup!! I added my healthy zucchini chips and am off to discover hopefully a chocolate zucchini cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know zucchini grew so fast and so much. I know it's probably not funny to you, but your post made me laugh. I hope you find some great z-recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a recipe for squash patties that a friend uses zucchini instead. They are very good. It has corn meal, onion, egg, and cheese in them. They freeze very well also. Feel free to email me if you would like the recipe. GOOD LUCK!!!!

    charlottewmoore@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that you've got zucchini covered...what am I going to do with all those cucumbers? lol! Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas. Thank you for hosting. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love zucchini! Thanks for the link-up. I realized when I browsed my blog that I've really got to get up some new content involving the green squash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it too! Unfortunately my zucchini didn't grow this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh looooooooove zucchini in almost every form, and I see some wonderful dishes here

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...