Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bites


Now who would have thought that banana, peanut butter and chocolate would go together, and let alone make a yummy and healthy treat! Well it does, it got a thumbs up in my house, even my little one loved them!  

So today we have Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bites which is the easiest treat I think I ever made.  



Ingredients

3 bananas (sliced)
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups melted chocolate

Directions

Slice bananas and place on a baking tray. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of each banana slice. Place another banana slice over the peanut butter so it looks like a sandwich. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.

Melt chocolate chips. Place banana pieces in the melted chocolate, one by one, until covered in chocolate all around.  Place the bananas back on the tray and let them set.  Keep banana bites in the freezer or fridge.  



You can find me linking up Here

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I'm not a big banana fan-but my kids love them--I think this will be the healthy treat for them today when they get home from school =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuummmm!!! I need to try this one, Pamela! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've wowed me again! I wonder when can I finally do one of your recipes Pam! Maybe this one, after we come home from this vacation. We have lots of bananas in my hometown. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banana and chocolate..that is something which my kids would certainly eat.. REally great recipes you have here.. need to try them out one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take em!!! Just posted Peanut and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make these all the time minus the chocolate covering. I mix a little greek yoghurt into my peanut butter mixture but next time I am going to try it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok seriously, this sounds so goooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum yum! Anything with peanut butter, bring it on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG... I have bananas, pb & chips!! What an awesome - and almost healthy snack!! I'm trying this! Thank you Pam - you always have great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness woman! You are going to make be gain 20 pounds just looking at the treats you are making! YUM!

    Kim M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I may have some helpers for this one! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HELP! I'm making them and they are thawing -mushy bananas) before I can get them all covered so back into the freezer to harden. And is there a special tool or trick to dipping? I'm all covered in chocolate - which isn't a bad thing....! PLease message me on vb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A BIG thank you to Pamela for talking with me and helping me out! Her tips - dip several treats at a time in the chocolate and use 2 spoons. They are SOOO good guys and this health-nut mom approves on the healthy factor too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! I love frozen bananas! And with the peanut butter, it just puts it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pamela, I didn't even recognize where I was when I got to your page. It looks AMAZING! So glad you were able to design such a gorgeous blog, lady. You deserve it! Thanks for linking up with me this week. I love choco bananas and pb makes it really rock.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm Pretty sure I'd end up eating them all on my own

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...