Monday, September 24, 2012

Brown Sugar Apple Crisp


It's Fall Ya'll! I love the crisp air, watching the leaves turn colors and fall to the ground, I love to wear fuzzie socks around the house, I love to have my oven on and bake up some yummy Fall tasting treats.  That's what I did this weekend, it was Fall baking in our home, and it smelled so GOOD! Today I have for you Brown Sugar Apple Crisp, I tweaked a recipe I saw over at Flourish it came out great and it was all gone; everyone wanted seconds for dessert, so this is a winner in our house!  This will be one of our desserts on our Thanksgiving table this year!



Ingredients

4 cups sliced apples
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp whole wheat flour

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oatmeal ( I used quick oats)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp nutmeg

Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9×9-inch baking dish and layer bottom of dish with apple slices. Combine brown sugar and 2 tbsp of flour and sprinkle over apples. Set aside.
Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Combine well and crumble topping over apples. Bake for 35 minutes.


You can find me linking up Here
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. That looks sooooooo yummy! Love fall treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate a sugary delightful treat w/my coffee and I don't even feel guilty. Now I see this and want to have a bite...or two or ten of it. LOL

    It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I'll be making this when I get apples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! What kind of apple did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinned this - My husband doesn't particularly care for apples, so it just means more for the rest of us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! My husband and I love apple crisp, especially if it contains lots of crisp. Maybe I will make some tonight... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love apple crisp and this is the perfect season to be trying new recipes for it! Stopping by from VoiceBoks. Following in gfc now :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love apple crisp! Brown sugar is just so tasty over white sugar. Plus adding butter is that perfect combo:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...