Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie


White Lights on Wednesdays

Today I am in a food challenge "Get Your Chef On" and the ingredient that we have to use is Peanut Butter.  Julie from White Lights On Wednesday and Jen from Four Marrs and One Venus are the hosts of this fabulous food challenge.  

I thought to myself, I have made cupcakes, cookies and no bake cookies and bars with peanut butter being an ingredient.  But I thought let me do something a little different, so I made a smoothie, with some really good ingredients that coincide with each other.  My kiddies said this was the best smoothie that they have ever tasted, so it gets a thumbs up in our book!

Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie


Ingredients

3 cups low fat milk
2 frozen bananas, chopped
1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp Agave Nector
3 tbsp peanut butter (I use natural crunchy)
1/4 cup flax seed (optional)

Directions

Blend chocolate chips, cocoa powder, peanut butter and 1 cup milk.  Blend for about 40 seconds, add remaining ingredients and blend for another 40 seconds.


You can find me linking up Here


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Yummy doodle! If PB&J on wheat doesn't count for a recipe - I don't have one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - most of us have baked our way through the challenge. Love the idea of this smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visited in a while and forget what a genius you are! Fabulous idea! Especially throwing in the flax seed-bonus. Do you think flax seed oil would be too strong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the smoothie. HAven't had one in a while your post made me crave for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Idea for the GYCO Challenge! I am a smoothie fan and this one looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! It's been awhile since I had a pb smoothie....I suddenly have a craving for one! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again you get me with the chocolate! YUM. Hope you are well x
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny that we both made PB smoothies. Great minds, you know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok- This is really what I need today! Still kickin' 90's here- this is the treat for me! Thank you so so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum Yum...my sweet tooth is calling me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I found your blog!! This sounds delicious.. anything with chocolate and banana!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious!!! I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...