Sunday, September 30, 2012

Egg free, Dairy free & Peanut Free Chocolate Cupcakes & VLOG


*Welcome to Pamela's Heavenly Treats 1st VLOG*

This is new for me, doing a VLOG but I thought it would be fun, and it was.  When I watched the VLOG I was laughing at myself because my eyes were all over the place, sometimes it looked like my glasses were crooked LOL and I said blender and meant to say mixer, and I said vegetable oil and I use canola oil but I made it through.

I have 2 VLOGS because I didnt know how to combine them and my hubbie isn't here, he would know what to do! The first one is me talking about Pamela's Heavenly Treats, and making the cupcakes, and the second one is me showing you the finished product.  My camera man was Josef he did an awesome job.  I will try to do a VLOG each week!  Hopefully get better at it each week!

I made  a cupcake for people with allergies to eggs, dairy or peanuts, I didnt know how well the cupcakes were going to come out, because I tweaked some ingredients, but I have to tell you this is the best chocolate cupcake I have tasted.   I must be honest with you, they tasted better than my regular whole wheat chocolate cupcakes!  They were so moist, yummy, and had a delicious taste, and I saved making this healthy treats, because I didnt have to use eggs or buttermilk.  Without further adue!







Ingredients

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
5 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions

Set oven to 350, for cupcakes makes 12-16, for cake grease 8x8 cake pan.
In a bowl combine flour, salt, light brown sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.
Mix oil, vinegar, vanilla and water.  Add dry mix slowly.  If you want to add chocolate chips, stir them in.  Cupcakes bake for 18-20 minutes, Cake 8x8 bake for 40 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.

Easy Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups of sifted powered sugar
Orange Icing coloring

Combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla, slowly stir in powdered sugar until you get the consistency you want, (I wanted a thin frosting so it could look like a glaze on cupcakes) then add orange icing coloring and stir until your frosting is orange all over!  Frost your delicious cupcakes!  Add some festive sprinkles if you like!

You can find me linking up Here


Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look amazing! =)

    Oh and I just wanted to let you know that I can't see the video. :/ it says, "This video is private."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! I happen to have all those things in the kitchen at this very moment, so I'll take that as God telling me to get baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta give props to all the "-" free bakers out there. I'm too scared to try anything gluten free, egg free, or whatever from scratch. My go to gluten free treats are Marshmallows and jell-o.
    I'd be happy to have you as a Sweet Sponsor. I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are you Pamela??! I LOVED watching you demonstrate your recipes in the vlog! Really nice to hear your voice, and watch you in baking action! I'm pinning this one! Have a blessed week!
    Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! And love the vlog!!! Your'e too cute. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Thanks for joining us for the CHQ Blog Hop - hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your vlog-- this has been on my blogging to do list for the last year and Im still a little scared! You did great-- I think you might of inspired me:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the vlog and the new look for your site. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are adorable!! Way to be brave to do the vlog!! :) I love your new look!! So super cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first vlog was great, and your son did a good job too (gotta give props to the camera man). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving your new look! But then again Pink is my favorite color!!!!! so fun - Happy Monday! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for all the love!! I have emailed some of you back, but some I cant because your email isnt attached!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't watch/listen to your vlog (it's the wee hours of the AM here) but will check it out tomorrow when I won't risk waking everyone. :) I've wanted to try to vlog but been too chicken! Good for you! Keep on Vlogging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! Makes me feel like we are old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finally! I've been looking for a decent dairy-free cupcake recipe since I cebame a vegan in July. It's been hard. Now I'll be able to dabble in baking again. I'll only have to find an icing substitute. Yay and YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pamela!! I love it all!! I love the new look of your blog- it looks so pretty, I love your vloog! and I love that this recipe is so healthy! Thank you for sharing! Grace, peace and blessings, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so great to see video of you and see your personality. And I love seeing the visuals as well. Your recipes really make me want to jump back in to baking, and these would be great to bring to my son's halloween party (there's a nut allergy in the class).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at you doing a VLOG!!! You did great!
    Thanks for sharing these great cupcakes at MTM Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...