Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oreo Cookies and Cream Ice Cream


So my Farewell to Summer is to make some homemade ice cream, and the kiddies and I concocted this Oreo Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, it is YUMMY, GOOD, DELICIOUS, SUPERB ok you get it! You know me I am all about simple, easy recipes.  All you need is a few ingredients and an ice cream maker.  


Ingredients

3 cups low fat milk
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini oreo cookies (crushed)

Directions

Mix all ingredients together and pour into your ice cream maker, and  follow the directions on your ice cream maker, and then there you have it homemade ice cream.  

*If you want vanilla ice cream, and cookies inside, dont mix cookies with ice cream mix, stir them in after ice cream is done.


You can find me linking up Here


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Amazing. I want this...now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oreos...my weakness! I'm always creating Cookies & Cream recipes just to get my "fix." Have you discovered Hershey's Cookies & Cream Drops? They're great to add to cookies! Thanks for adding another Cookies & Cream recipe to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OREO--I'm IN!!! Thanks for sharing---got to get me an ice cream maker =}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does ice cream taste a lot different if it's homemade?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mail4Rosey asks a good question. I have never made homemade ice cream, but this recipe, as always, looks delicious. My daughter would love, love, love! (My son, too, but my girl is definitely an ice cream girl). Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mail4Rosey and Rhonda, homemade ice cream is amazing!!! When you first start, it might take time to figure out exactly how to make it, but we started this summer and don't miss store bought one little bit. This recipe is on the healthier end (low fat milk), so it might be more "crystalized" than the creamy, high fat recipes of store bought. You can always adjust the creaminess by trading off low fat for heavy cream (we usually do 1/2-2/3 fat free to 1/2-1/3 heavy cream)... We're training our taste buds to go lower fat, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've hit me at my Achilles heel with this one. This is my favorite ice cream flavor! I take it there's no way to make ice cream without an ice cream maker?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks super!
    I'm pinning this as I'm definitely gonna make it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummo! Last time I make oreo cookie icecream, I forgot to put in the sugar, but it was still pretty sweet just from the cookies :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...