Sunday, September 16, 2012

Strawberry, Banana and Mint Smoothie


This is a little different for me, but this weekend I made two healthy delicious smoothies that I am very proud of.  The kids were very excited to try them, because this is a treat in our home, I rarely pull out the blender; my two little ones were drinking there smoothies and smacking there lips it was too funny, and Z said I love this Bling Bling Juice (don't know where he got that name from)!  My big boys said mama you have to make smoothies more often.  So I guess this will be on my menu each week!

There are days where you just need something that can tie you over until dinner, or a night time snack, and this is it!  A healthy, simple, delicious smoothie!

Strawberry, Banana and Mint Smoothie


Ingredients

2 bananas
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups low fat milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup mint leaves
2 tbsp Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil
1/4 cup flax seed (optional)

Directions

Put all ingredients in your blender.  Blend for about 30 seconds and there you have a healthy snack to enjoy anytime of the day!


You can find me linking up Here


Photobucket





I used the Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil that I received to review and really liked  the taste of it! It added a nice sweetness to this smoothie, I have used other coconut oils in the past, but this was the first time I used Tropical Traditions coconut oil and I was really pleased, my hubbie loves the taste also, he mixed it with his salad dressing and he was raving about the taste. So this will be the coconut oil that is in my pantry from now on! 







Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for 
the free product.

24 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! I want to make it but do I have to use Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil? or could I use regular Coconut Oil or none at all? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any kind of coconut oil, or none at all, its just an extra sweetener since I am not using granulated sugar!

      Delete
    2. Ok thank you! :)
      Oh and I was also wondering if I could use frozen strawberries?

      Delete
    3. Yes you can use frozen strawberries! It will come out the same!

      Delete
  2. That looks so good! I love that there is mint in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love getting new smoothie recipes!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I make a similar strawberry banana smoothie, but I've never thought to add mint leaves! Thanks for sharing!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love smoothies, and really need to try coconut oil.

    I have my first linky party going on right now too, if you'd care to come link up! http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html
    There are no rules involved :).

    Thanks!
    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you got some 'cool mom' points for this delicious looking smoothie Pamela! Can't wait to give it a go!

    Wanted to stop by and thank you so much for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop this week! Hope to see you again next Tuesday! Have a great week!
    XO, Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything from the blender is so tasty and easy...I love it!:) I bet that coconut oil is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mint...what a wonderful addition! If you want to sneak in even more healthy stuff...I always add 1/4 cup pasturized egg whites (the ones in the carton because they are OK to eat raw) and a little spinach! The egg whites add protein, and we all know spinach is good for you...the best part is that neither ingredient has any taste! The downside...the spinach will make the smoothie a really ugly color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding to the grocery list. Thanks Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds delicious! I never would have thought to add mint to it, or to use coconut oil! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in the mood for something with strawberries! This sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so delicious and refreshing. I have never put mint in my smoothies. I will have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like something I would order at a smoothie place! I love strawberry banana, and I would love to try mint! Thanks for sharing the recipe. You always have great recipes here; I'll be bookmarking this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so delicious! I'll have to make it sometime! Strawberries are still $1.88 at Walmart where I live, so it's a great time of year to make this.

    I'm stopping by from the Naptime Review. I'd love for you to visit my blog at http://www.fashionablysaving.wordpress.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well the mint adds an interesting twist and could be just the thing to make it not so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who could blame them for smacking their lips. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. will have to try that with our almond milk. looks so yummy. Oh man, I REALLY want one NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! that looks delicious!


    I'm your newest follower from the Monday Mingle
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmmmm, I'm not sure about this recipe. I can't imagine bananas, mint and maple syrup in the same recipe. Interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohmigosh, this looks sooo good. And I love that you used coconut oil too. Thanks so much for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds delicious and I have been thinking about going the smoothie direction in trying to lose some weight. Thanks for this motivation.
    Kiwi fruit Green & Gold website

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...