Thursday, October 25, 2012

Guest Post - Becky from Tales of Beauty for Ashes - Cinnamon Rolls


 Hey ya'll! I'm Becky and I blog over at Tales of Beauty for Ashes

My blog name may seem peculiar, but there is a reason behind the madness. Warning: it's pretty deep. 

I am so excited to be able to hang out with ya'll today with Pamela! She is one of my FAVORITE people, she has been an incredible inspiration, support and encouragement!


My hubby and I love cinnamon rolls.

I mean, really, LOVE

When I was a kid, my family and I used to go get Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls on Sundays. Since then, I have found a few recipes that have come close to Cinnabon.



BUT

This week, I found one that was as good or BETTER than Cinnabon. Oh my goodness, they were so delish.


Okay, let me share the original recipe from Allrecipes here: Clone of a Cinnabon


I used that recipe, but TWEAKED it. I used some whole wheat flour instead of white flour and it was pure heaven in a roll.






First, dissolve the yeast into the warm milk. Remember, the milk should be warm but not HOT. 




Mix the sugar, margarine, salt and eggs.



 Add the flour and mix well




Knead the dough - I usually use the dough hook on the mixer (And sometimes the regular mixer tool, if I am feeling lazy).




Put aside and let it rise. It doesn't take long when you keep your house at 83 degrees.



Then, roll out your dough. I usually do this right on the counter. Make sure you clean your counters REALLY WELL before doing this. No one wants chicken juice on their cinnamon rolls. That doesn't add to the flavor.



 Wipe the butter all over your dough. (This is my favorite part, it's so gooey!) Add the cinnamon and sugar.





Roll it up, mama! 

Make sure you roll it really tight, you don't want spacey cinnamon rolls.


No one wants that.


Then cut the roll into 12 equal parts. Put the rolls into a pan and let them rise AGAIN.



 Lots of rising + this recipe = AMAZINGNESS

After they have risen, put them in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes.


I like my rolls doey - so you can adjust the time dependent on how you like 'em.



AMAZINGNESS

See how I tried to 'healthify' this breakfast with eggs and fruit? 

I highly recommend eating the fruit BEFORE you eat your roll.






 Rolls:

  • 1 1/4 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup margarine, melted
  • 2 1/2 cups white flour
  • 2 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
 Roll Filling:
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  Frosting:
  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


  1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk (about 100-120 degrees). 
  2. Mix in the sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs. 
  3. Add both flours and mix well. 
  4. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hand or the dough hook on your mixer. 
  5. Put in a bowl (I usually just leave mine in the mixing bowl) cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. 
  6. Then roll the dough on a lightly floured surface
  7. Spread the dough with the butter (make sure your butter is softened), cinnamon and sugar
  8. Roll the dough - tightly
  9. Cut into 12 rolls and put into your 9 x 13in pan
  10. Let rise for about 30 minutes while you oven is preheating to 400 degrees
  11. Stick 'em in there, about 15 minutes
  12. While they are cooking, beat all the ingredients of the frosting together. 
  13. Take the rolls out, slather on the frosting and ENJOY 

I would love to get to know you more! Please stop by and say hello!

Blog / Twitter / Facebook

~Thanks to my wonderful, awesome friend Becky for being my guest today, these Cinnamon Rolls are on my list to make one of these mornings!  Make sure you check out her blessed blog,  you won't be disappointed~

Photobucket

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I have tried to make cinnamon rolls over and over with no luck! I am going to have to make these one day when I am in the mood for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, and can those rolls look any more perfect? Not so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I say everything is my favorite, but Cinnamon rolls are my all-time-favorite-could-eat-everyday-food!!!! these look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE cinnamon rolls. They are perfect when it's cold and side and their right out of the oven.(: These look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. My nearest Cinnabon closed which is probably for best for my waistline. I would make these as a special treat! I can smell the yumminess already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for having me Pamela, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...