Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Guest Post - Jen from Rushing for Bagels - Lemon in Warm Water

I spend my free time alone at home reading blogs and other magazine articles found in the internet about health, fitness, some archaeological mysteries, and a few celebrity gossip here and there.
I found out that the best morning mood pick-upper is no other than…
No it’s not coffee.
Or tea.
Or a caramel waffle with whipped cream *not that I'm not craving for it*
It is LEMON IN WARM WATER.


It's loaded with health benefits!
You shall be surprised.

What are the health benefits of drinking lemon in the morning?

1. IT HELPS CONTROL YOUR CAFFEINE INTAKE.
I have been drinking lemon in warm water first thing in the morning for a week and I have not gone to the coffee machine in my office pantry for as long too.
The lemon leaves a taste in your mouth that you won’t be craving for anything sweet in the morning.

2. DETOXIFICATION.
A big world that will make a difference in your life.
Lemon washes out toxins out of the body.
How can you know that this is working?
Look at your body.
Inner health is reflected on the surface of your skin.
Toxins trapped in the colon find ways to other parts of the body, also the skin.
This triggers flare-ups and skin rashes.
Lemon cleanses your body off harmful wastes.

3. PREVENTION FROM INFECTION.
With lemon’s high vitamin C, you can prevent illnesses like the cold and the flu.
It builds up your immunity.

4. HIGH IN POTASSIUM.
Potassium is an important mineral that works with sodium for smooth processing in the brain and nervous system.
Low potassium levels were traced wit depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness.
That same nervous system needs potassium to assure steady signals to the heart.
So your heart health is improved from the lemon water’s potassium.
See how effective this is as a morning drink?

5. IT BALANCES pH.
Lemon is acidic but once it metabolized, it becomes alkaline.
Alkalines help keep the oxygen in our blood at a safe pH level.
This helps our body heal itself, assimilate nutrients and fight off unwanted sickness.

6. HELPS IN REDUCING WEIGHT.
A regular intake of lemon water promotes elimination.
With all the toxins removed from your body, it can respond more to a healthy diet and exercise.
It also kills cravings so it keeps you on the healthy track.
I’m like a queen of cravings so I can say that it lessened when I was taking lemon for a week already.

How to take it?

1. Prepare a glass of warm water, a straw, a lemon, and a knife right after you woke up.

2. Roll the lemon around your table top to start the flow of juices inside the fruit.

3. Slice the lemon in half. Keep one half in the fridge.


4. Squeeze the other half of the lemon on the warm water. I just let the seeds get in my drinks. It has a distinct taste I like (I don’t swallow it though).

5. Use the straw to drink so as to protect the teeth from the acidity of the lemon.


6. Enjoy while you’re doing your other morning routines. I advise that you don’t add sweeteners like sugar or honey. It’s best to let the lemon work on your body on its own. :)

You should try it! You’ll be finishing off about just four lemons a week (Php 60.50 or $1.5).

--------------------------------

UPDATE: I lost a couple of pounds because of this. Honestly. It's obvious when you look at me though my weight is maintained because of all the weight exercises I do.

Photos via, via, via
Sources:
Gidgetgoeshome

Thanks so much Jen for being my guest today, I love this post, excellent health information, I will be doing this each week!  You may find Jen over at Rushing for Bagels she has a wonderful blog!


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great soother for sore throats on a cold morning too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's a nice way to start the morning ;)

      Delete
  2. I love adding a few drops of lemon into my tea sometimes, very soothing. Thanks for the great tips, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I guess I'm going to have to try this. I have had some of my friends swear by this, I hear it helps with sugar cravings also, if that's the case I'm really on board.(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it made me not want to have something sweet for breakfast! :)

      Delete
  4. Can't you use lemon from a bottle. Its called Lemon juice I think and it sometimes comes in a plastic lemon shaped bottle.

    Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! Thanks!!! And thanks for joining us at the CHQ Blog Hop - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...