Sunday, October 28, 2012

Heavenly Healthy Banana Bread


Now who doesn't like Banana Bread? I love it and so does my family, but I have never made it before, breads are really not my thing!  To me it just takes so much time, and so many steps I have to be in the mood to make any kind of homemade bread. Now this is the easiest bread recipe that I would make this each week, because its healthy, yummy and my family loves it!

Heavenly Healthy Banana Bread



I had some bananas that were just sitting on the counter in my fruit bowl, and I thought to myself I am going to make a banana bread, and I am so glad I did, it came out delicious!  


Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)

  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 medium to large bananas, cut into chunks
  • 1/4 cup agave nector
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour

Directions

1) Preheat your oven to 350. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add  vanilla, baking soda, salt, and bananas, beating until combined well.  
3) Beat in the agave nectar and eggs.
4) Add the flour mixture slowly.
5) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6) Bake for 50 minutes, then lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, remove the bread from the oven.
7) Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes; then remove it from the pan, and set it on a rack to cool completely.

You can find me linking up Here


6 comments:

  1. I have never made banana bread, but this recipe seems like it is super easy to do. Thanks for sharing with Raising Imperfection.

    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious Pamela! I find myself baking banana bread all the time. The bananas I buy never seem to get eaten before they get over ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a struggle today, trying to decide on pumpkin bread or banana bread, but my little guy said since we got our pumpkins today we might as well make pumpkin bread. :) We made cupcakes too, yum.

    Banana bread will be next time. I think I'll use this recipe to try out the agave nectar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a huge fan of banana bread but my husband loves it so I don't mind making it for him and I really don't mind the way it makes my house smell!!

    Agave nector ~ That's a cool touch!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela this cake look georgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moist and packed with banana flavor.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...