Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chocolatte Birthday Cupcakes

I have been super busy this week, with J's birthday party and then getting ready for my 1st Holiday Craft Fair on Friday, I am so excited to show my treats to everyone, and then for people to buy them!  Today I will share the cupcakes that I made for J's 9th birthday!  


His party them was "Pizza Party the colors were red and yellow, he wanted chocolatte cupcakes with red and yellow frosting, and I also made Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies that went like hotcakes, everyone is loving those yummy treats!  This was a chocolaty tasting cupcake.  All the kids loved them, I love looking at kids reactions to my treats, to see if they like it or not, and majority of the time they love them.  Its funny because they don't even know they are eating a treat that is made with whole wheat flour and other healthy ingredients!






Cupcake
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cocoa
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
4 cups powdered sugar
Christmas red icing coloring
yellow icing coloring
1 tsp vanilla
fat free milk (if needed)

In a bowl sift dry ingredients and set aside.  Mix light brown sugar, eggs, buttermilk, canola oil and vanilla until mixes well.  Slowly add dry ingredients and mix well.  Fill cupcake tins 1/2 full and back for 18 minutes on 350.  Cool on wire rack.

While your cupcakes cool, start making your frosting, mix butter and vanilla together and then slowly add powdered sugar and if you need to add a little milk you may to get the consistency that you need to pipe your cupcakes!  I used red and yellow icing coloring and added it to my frosting.  

You can find me linking up Here



16 comments:

  1. Can you come live at my house ... just for a week! I want some yummy goodness :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you displayed your goodies, the kids must have been so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those just look amazing!! And they are so well presented. I cannot, for the life of me, frost a cupcake. I don't know why that is, but it is the death of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And fun! I had a pizza cake for my sixteenth birthday -- 30 years ago before those cakes were common -- and had a hard time eating it. It looked just like a pizza and tasted just like a cake! My brain was confused. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great spread for the birthday party! The kids must have loved it. Good luck at your craft show this weekend. My mom is preparing for her first craft show on the 1st too. She does embroidery items and I am super excited for her too! Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome party idea and I loved the desserts you chose! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum...mouth is officially watering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks great. Happy birthday to J. and good luck with the fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've recently found my new love in baking.
    I want to give a lot of your treats a try!!
    Thanks for sharing...the party looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome, Pamela!! Really, everything looks perfect! Happy birthday to J and I hope you guys all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little signs you put in each cupcake. How precious! Hope J had a wonderful birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea!!

    Shelley
    www.piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com

    I am a follower but I am finding your link at the Marvelous Monday's Link Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5 Tips to a flat stomach
    ----------------------------------

    There are long lasting ways to get the amazing middle you crave. These genius tips
    Will help you shed inches and pounds, banish the bloat, And feel even more gorgeous.
    we have very best advice for quickly shrinking your tummy. Here are the surprising
    Hello, skinny jeans! Stop making these 5 Major mistakes and you will finally lose your stubborn belly fat
    http://juicyabs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/5TipsToAFlatStomach?skip_nax_wizard=true

    ReplyDelete
  14. New here! I'm a fellow cohost too. <33 Great post

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I LOVE those! I wish you lived close so I could be your official taste tester!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...