Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



What a name for these bars.  I think I really outdid myself when I made these.  I didn't want to make chocolate chip cookies again, I made those last week.  So I thought hey why not make it into bars, but add a little something new. Hot chocolate is the secret ingredient.  They came out better than I expected, they were downright delicious, I had one with some milk I was in heaven.  

Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


You already know that the kids were loving these, anything with chocolate in it, is a thumbs up from my taste testers.  


Cookie Bar
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 packets of instant hot chocolate mix
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips


Directions
Heat oven to 375.  In bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, hot chocolate mix and chocolate chips together, set aside.  Mix light brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg.  Then slowly add your dry ingredient, mix well!  Grease a baking sheet and spread the cookie mixture out.  Bake for 10 minutes, cool on wire rack. cut into squares!

You can find me linking up Here



19 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I can practically smell these through the computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pamela, Just want to be fair. My code is SWAP if you would like to adver. on my site. :) Many blessings, Sarah at The Ease of Freeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodess!! I"m making these for SURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious as usual! thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG those look so good!! I love hot chocolate but I never thought about using it in a recipe. Thanks for sharing :) I found you through the Tell Me About it Tuesday Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe, I can't wait to try it out. I am your newest follower, and I found you on http://www.craftyspices.com/hops/swhop/157-swhop6

    My site is http://www.thequirkymomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never have too much chocolate! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - my entire family would love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waah - these look so good!

    Great to see that you're using whole wheat flour :) I run a "health food" blog with recipes. :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that there's hot chocolate mix in these. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fabulous!! You can never have too much chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pamela ! Thanks for your wonderful treats at my link party! You have amazing recipes on your blog! I will keep on reading it! Regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, can you hear me drooling? Matching two of my favorites: hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies. I've GOT to make these! Thanks for sharing these on the homemade holiday party!


    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - these look incredibly rich and delicious!
    Yep - I think you outdid yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUMMY! Thanks for sharing on my blog, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look and sound great! Featuring you from Scrumptious Sunday #40! http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com/2012/12/scrumptious-sunday-40-and-41-features.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...