Thursday, November 22, 2012

Make You Wanna Holla - No Crust Sweet Potato Pie


We had a blessed Thanksgiving! This year it was just us, so I didn't have to entertain, I cooked, baked and took a little nap!  We watched the Shrek marathon and football!  I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving! 


I have NEVER made a pie before, any type, I make cobbler, but not pie.  My grandmother made every kind of pie, cake, cobbler you name it.  So this year I wanted to make a sweet potato pie, but I wanted it to be a healthy pie.  
So I thought how about a 
Make You Wanna Holla ~No Crust Sweet Potato Pie and so glad I made it, because it was YUMMY!


Pie
5 medium sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
small marshmallows
whipped cream




Directions
Mix all ingredients together except the whipped cream.  Put mixture in a round pie dish or a rectangular pan.  Bake on 400 for 25 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.  Put a dollup of whipped cream on top, sprinkle a little cinnamon and dig in!





9 comments:

  1. I tried sweet potato pie for the first time this Thanksgiving. Loved it! I hope you enjoy baking many more pies - the world will be a better place. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like something to try-kinda like a pumpkin pie, or a custard, it seems. Congrats for making it healthy, too! Visiting from Voiceboks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just tried sweet potato pie for the first time and it was great! I now want to try making my own. I will be bookmarking this recipe for when I am ready! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! Ya know...I'm kind of afraid to admit this...being from the south and all...but I've never tried sweet potato pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! Yum.

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very close to pumpkin, which is my favorite!;) I do like crust though. If I'm going to eat a piece of pie, and kill my diet, I might as well go all the way!;) Thanks of another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had sweet potato pie. I didn't even like sweet potatoes until about three years ago. Will have to check this out...

    Thank you for linking your favorite post to Raising Imperfection. Please come back Friday to see if you were featured.

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...