Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Candy Cane Peppermint Cupcakes


This week I made Candy Cane Peppermint Cupcakes!  I really outdid myself, they came out delicious.  My taste testers loved them, they said the cupcakes tasted just like a candy cane, that's exactly what I was going for! It doesn't take much to make these cupcakes, very easy recipe!



 Cupcake
     2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
     1 tsp baking soda
     1 tsp baking powder
     2 eggs
     1 cup fresh buttermilk
     1 1/2 cups canola oil 
     1 tsp vanilla
     1 cup light brown sugar

   Frosting
    1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
     3 cups sifted powdered sugar
     1 tsp vanilla
     fat free milk if needed
     1 tsp peppermint extract
     red icing coloring
     candy cane for decoration




In a bowl mix dry ingredients together and set aside.  Mix wet ingredients thoroughly.  Slowly add dry mix  and mix well.  Pour into cupcake tins and bake for 18 minutes on 350.  Cool on wire rack.

While cupcakes are cooling, mix butter, vanilla and peppermint extract together then add sifted powdered sugar and if you need milk add for consistency! Put frosting in piping bag, dip a toothpick in red icing coloring, and dip in white icing, this will make pretty white and light red frosting!  Pipe cupcakes and add candy canes for decoration.




You can find me linking up Here




16 comments:

  1. WHOA!! Those look amazing!! Pretty and tasty, just what I like! I just signed up to get your email because I haven't had time to surf. Now all my girls new posts come right to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look DIVINE!! I just found your blog through the December Blog Hop over at Bloggy Moms. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower!

    Elle
    Dig Deep Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. These make me want to skip the gym and go make yummy treats! I'll be good though!
    Motivation?? Sure, why not!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, you know what I have to say to these, don't you? Nom Nom Nom! Pinning and tweeting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made my mouth water! haha I could totally go for one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look tasty. I don't think that I could make the frosting pretty like you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, these are so pretty! I know I couldn't frost a cake like this, not even a cupcake, if my life depended on it!! But they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so yummy! I am dying looking at them.
    Thanks for sharing your great ideas :)

    -Becky from Sugar-n-Spice Gals

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool idea! Thank you for taking the time to link up to Whimsy Wednesday! We LOVE your company☺

    Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    http://www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything peppermint! This is a great Christmastime dessert. Thanks for sharing! Found you through Bloggy Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your post at the Mandatory Mooch-- love the icing especially! My mother-in-law recently sent me an icing gadget that will use two colors of icing at once. I've seen tutorials on how to do this and hope her icing trick will make pretty cupcakes. If it works I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pamela, how did you know I love peppermint?! BTW, Jeremiah 29:11--- totally my favorite verse, EVER. Says it all, don't you think? First time visiting you, so glad I found you via Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so yummy. My frosting will never look like yours though. I think I will try these for Christmas.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so creative! They look delicious :) My family would definately like these! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...