Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chocolate Surprise Cookies / Chocolate Surprise Thumbprints


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everyone has there Christmas trees up, lights, decorations!   I love to bake Christmas cookies, desserts with my kiddies.  Every year I like to make at lease two new cookie recipes!  
This year I came across this recipe and it looked yummy and easy to make, so I tried it. So glad I did because these are some great tasting cookies, and the kiddies gave them a thumbs up, they are my awesome taste testers, they never steer me wrong!

Chocolate Surprise Thumbprints / Chocolate Surprise Cookies

Cookie
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup of butter
1 package of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup any type jam (I used grape)
1 4 cup white sugar (for rolling cookie in)
Directions
Oven 350, mix flour, baking soda and salt set aside.  Microwave chocolate and butter on high about 2 minutes stir until chocolate is melted.  Whisk in cream cheese, add light brown sugar, egg and vanilla mix well.  Roll dough and coat with sugar, place on baking sheet, press your thumb into center of each dough ball, fill each indentation with small amount of jam.  Bake for 9 minutes, wait 1 minute, and then transfer to wire rack.

~ I also made some of these cookies, just regular Chocolate Surprise Cookies, with out the jam in the middle, they were also very delicious~





You can find me linking up Here



4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Love how you packaged them up in the mug. Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some thumbprint cookies today. I am putting them on the blog tomorrow morning. They have pecans on them! Yum Yum. Love the chocolate route that you took with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, I feel like I just had a major sugar rush looking at your pics! What lovely pictures! I'm sure they are just as yummy! Merry Christmas to you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I've got to try these. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...