Monday, January 21, 2013

Easy Valentine Cupcakes / Dark Red Velvet and Pink Cheesecake Cupcakes



I love cheesecake and I love cupcakes, so I thought hey why not put the two together, my friend Dorothy from Crazy for Crust, made some for 4th of July (Recipe Here)!  


Since I made the Strawberry Cheesecake Cups, and they came out YUMMY and were the hit of the house, I decided I would try and make these.  I also made the cheesecake batter pink because of Valentine's Day (you can leave it white if you want).  The cake batter was supposed to be pink, but I made a mistake and put cocoa in the batter mix so my pink coloring turned the batter a deep dark red, but they were still delicious!

This will be a winner on your dessert table for a Valentine get together or for a Saturday night dessert!  I used my egg and dairy free cupcake batter, and then just a simple cheesecake recipe!

Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
5 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cold water 
1 tsp of red flavoring
1/4 cup applesauce
Cheesecake
2 - 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
Pink flavoring
Directions
Cake
Set oven to 350, for cupcakes makes 12-16~
In a bowl combine flour, salt, light brown sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.
Mix oil, vinegar, vanilla and water.  Add dry mix slowly.  Mix well and then add red flavoring mix well.  Fill your cupcake tins with 2 tbsp of batter.  

Cheesecake
Mix all ingredients together until well mixed! Add pink flavoring mix well.  Then add 2tbsp on top of cake batter.  Bake on 350 for about 18 minutes, cool on wire rack and then put in fridge for about an hour.  You can top with cream cheese frosting or leave as is!

You can find me linking up Here




30 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!! I think I'll be making these for Valentines Day!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela these look absolutely divine - yet another gorgeous treat :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! New GFC follower from the Sunday Social link-up. If you would like to share these on the Creative Corner Hop the link will remain open all week. We'd love to see you there!

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I am DYING! February isn't that far away and I can eat SWEETS again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look yummy, and are a great idea for the upcoming holiday! I'm one of your newest followers via the Monday Meetup! Feel free to visit my blog shainarenae.blogspot.com . I look forward to reading your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious ... going to have to try these out for V-Day!

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really good.

    ~Shanay~
    www.myuniquegirlz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmylord!! I NEED to make this :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound incredible! Pinning for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Combining cheesecake and red velvet was a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing over at Manic Monday!

    Renea

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so yummy!! I can't wait for Valentines day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so yummy! Perfect for Valentine's day! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! Cake on the bottom and cheesecake on top - Amazing!
    Thanks for sharing on Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These do look heavenly! I hope you stop by to link to my parties on Tuesdays- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/01/link-party-4.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are so pretty! I would love to have you share them on Inspired Weekends, open through Thursday!

    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/inspired-weekends-4/


    Katie @ Horrific Knits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy! These look AMAZING! Thanks for sharing on Whisk Away Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look amazing Pamela! Just shared on Facebook. Thank you so much for sharing at Iron Chef Mom and make sure to come back sometime this weekend to vote for your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my goodness! These look gorgeous! I bet they are yummy too! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cupcakes and cheese cake are two of my favorite things too! These look yummy and I can't wait to make some...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, these look so amazing! I just pinned. Thank you so much for sharing your yummy recipes with us at A Bouquet of Talent!! :)

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh yummy, you really do make heavenly treats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woot! You have been featured this week at Recipe Sharing Monday! The new link party is up and I'd love to see you back. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, my! I know some people who would simply ADORE these! Thanks for sharing them with us via our Sweets For My Sweetie link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My family LOVES red velvet cake but I've never made it from scratch before...just a box! Pinned this! ;)
    I'm so glad you shared this at Loving Valentines Day!

    TGIF!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look so good! I love red velvet and cheesecake together, and I love that the cheesecake is pink! :) Found your blog from "Follow Who."

    ~Sarah Lynn
    http://www.sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...